Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bbc iplayer is zoomed in

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 03:58 PM)
Siobhan18
Student
Options

I love my new tv samsung q800 series. The bbc iplayer played perfectly fine. I turn on my tv this morning and the bbc iplayer was zoomed in. How to get it back to normal? 

thanks for the help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
AndrewL
Options

@Siobhan18: Can you try heading to Home > Settings > Picture > Picture Size Settings > Zoom and Position, to see if you're able to adjust the zoom from here? If not, head into the iPlayer Settings menu to see if you're able to adjust the aspect ratio or resolution to resolve the issue from here. 

Siobhan18
Student
Options

Thank you for the quick reply. I sort it out now. I power off at the mean switch then it comes to normal

CJ54
First Poster
Options

This problem has started on our 12 month old q800, out of the blue, yesterday! Suddenly iPlayer is zoomed in, but everything else is ok. Has anyone got any idea how to fix this? I don't understand the above comment? What is powering off at the mean switch? I have tried taking out the mains plug and reinserting, but it does not work. It is not a setting!

0 Likes
LookOn
First Poster
Options
We have the same issue: BBC iPlayer is zoomed in only when playing a show. The overview landing default screen displays fine, but only when playing it's zoomed in. We've tried all the setting changes, but no luck. Does anyone have an idea of how to fix this bug?
0 Likes
Nas101
First Poster
Options

When watching terrestrial television i.e regular TV broadcast. Click on the home button. Select settings. Select Picture Size. On the Picture Size setting, deselect the Auto Wide. 
now you should be able to go back on iPlayer and enjoy.