Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC iPlayer & My5 stop working on SEK-1000 upgraded UE46ES8000 (June 2020)

(Topic created on: 27-06-2020 06:27 PM)
pja2
Apprentice
Options

Samsung support,

BBC iPlayer and My5 have stopped working overnight on my SEK-1000 upgraded smart tv. I'm running the latest software updated via usb (1020.2). 

Is it the security certificate issue again? Please, please can you fix it?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Andrew_Pugh
First Poster
Options

Hi have exactly the same problem with the same TV UE46ES8000 with a SEK-1000 Evolution Kit. I had only recently upgraded to the latest 1020.2 firmware to make iPlayer work again and now after a month or so its stopped again. Any help or info greatly appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

0 Likes
Eyebrows
First Poster
Options

Same here. After wasting hours of my life with Samsung support they have decided it is a hardware fault and expect me to pay for a repair - think again Samsung, as will I when I foolishly consider buying a Samsung product in the future!

Chris

0 Likes
Eyebrows
First Poster
Options

Oh, forgot to say, the TV's built-in iPlayer app works OK but you obviously have to disconnect the SEK-1000. Seems a shame to throw away this 'future proofed' expensive piece of technology in order to restore some basic functionality just because no one at Samsung as even half a clue! To be honest the SEK-1000 doesn't do anything particularly useful these days anyway.

C.

0 Likes
Eyebrows
First Poster
Options

I was just informed by Samsung that iPlayer should now be working again on the SEK-1000 - and indeed for me it is. No reset/firmware update required. I can only presume the BBC did 'something' to fix this. It's unfortunate that I had to go via the CEO's office to get this resolved.

C.

0 Likes