Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Backlight Bleeding Q70T 55"

(Topic created on: 13-10-2020 09:36 PM)
redspace
Journeyman
Options

I just bought Q70T 55" and I've noticed some pretty heavy backlight bleed from each corner of the screen, it makes watching movies with dark scenes unbearable. I have 30 days to return the item, but I'm afraid that the company I bought it from will say this is normal. I would disagree, but would like to get some thoughts on this. This is my third Samsung TV and I've NEVER seen anything like this before. Please advise.

IMG_0179.jpegIMG_0164.jpegIMG_0167.jpeg

18 REPLIES 18
SteveQuinn
Navigator
Options
Personally I would take it back and just explain why you're returning it and ask to exchange it and see if the new one does the same. If it does and you don't like then I guess return it and choose a different brand.

Thats why we have the grace period for issues like this...its not like you're returning it for a refund because you can't actually afford it.
redspace
Journeyman
Options

Thanks Steve, I think I will do that. What worries me is that I’ve seen so many people on the internet say this sort of thing is normal. I’ve never seen this sort of thing any of my previous TVs. I just hope the company accepts that £1000 for a cloudy picture like this just isn’t good enough.

I definitely want another crack at the same model, just in case it was specific to this unit. Everything else about it is awesome! I’m happy for a replacement.

Gadlele
First Poster
Options

Any success? I'm having the same issue 

0 Likes
redspace
Journeyman
Options

I sent it back the company I bought it from (eBuyer) on Monday. I'm now nervously waiting to see if their technicians agree that this is a fault, otherwise they will just send it right back to me. I'll let you know. All I know is that literally nobody I showed this to thought it was normal, so that eased my mind a bit.

0 Likes
redspace
Journeyman
Options

Hey, just a quick update, eBuyer HAVE considered this a fault and are sending me a new one. I'll update you on how the new one looks, but my advice is if you can, send it back with photos.

Gadlele
First Poster
Options

Thanks! the issue i have with light bleeding is less serious than yours, but from what i understand with edge lit it can be normal. i'm trying to figure out how much is "normal". It would be great if you can tell me your experience with the TV they are sending you back. thanks!

0 Likes
Solution
redspace
Journeyman
Options

Hey, so my new one just arrived, and I can say that the corner bleed is non existent on this new one. So it's true what they say that bleed really is a lottery. I would once again suggest for you to try to return yours if it's annoying you. I've received two Q70Ts and they are very different in the amount of bleed.

victhelion
Apprentice
Options

Hey man, what wsa samsung behaviour on changing you tv? did they do without problem? I just got one of these and I have a major bleed on the right side, ruinning dark pictures, contact via chat is not responding me

0 Likes
redspace
Journeyman
Options

Hey mate, I posted a reply to this, but it was moderated and not posted - I think probably because I posted a link in the post. Here's what I said:

I didn't deal with Samsung directly, but the vendor I bought the TV from. I returned it for an initial replacement and then a refund when the second one arrived with a different issue. 

If you're still in your 30 day period, use your customer rights to return it. I finally (after 2 faulty TVs) got a Q80T from Amazon and there is zero backlight bleed. the blacks in the edges and corners of the screen are inky black...don't settle for less than that. Also, you're legally allowed to return any item you bought online before 14 days have elapsed without having any reason to return it at all. Check citizen's advice on this. It's something to do with not being able to inspect an item online before you receive it. Don't let people online calling backlight bleed 'normal' influence you. For the money you pay, you should receive better, and my Q80T proves that it is possible to get a good unit.