Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlight Bleed: Samsung UE49MU6470UXXU

(Topic created on: 16-11-2017 12:43 AM)
davel
Student
Options

Hello,

Just bought my first new Samsung TV (model as in the post's title: MU6470). I am experiencing very noticable backlight bleed, especially when watching letterbox movies. 

I attached a photo below - seems that flash made it look somewhat worse. The backlight was on 15 and the room was dark.

Is that normal for this spec or should I be seeking a refund? Really concerned as the TV just came out from the box - and the backlight is very distracting.

Capture.PNG

31 REPLIES 31
adamc33
Apprentice
Options

Sorry for the late reply, after getting in contact with Samsung via email and sending pictures over, they said contact them to rearrange a technician to come out to have a look, but after calling Samsung to support up they said the same to me what they said to you, no matter what I said about the backlight, they said it's common and no fault with the TV. How have you got anywhere with Samsung?

JoeScaramanga
Apprentice
Options

Another victim of this with a 49Mu6400.

Retailer just kept bumping me to Samsung, who kept telling me it was notmal.

Eventually managed to get an engineer to look at it a fortnight before 12 month warranty ran out. He too said it was very common on that model. He agreed to change the panel but said it was likely to retun. And it did within weeks.

I found a video online explaining that the issue is caused by the bezel pushing against the panel and that gently prising the bezel away would help. I did this and the bottom bezel came off!

It did fix the problem bar a tiny bit of permanent backlight in the bottom left corner, and I managed to shuffle the bezel back on.

The whole problem has led me to disregard Samsung for my next TV though. I've bought their products for over 15 years, with TVs, Blu-ray, phones, but their customer service is appalling and it seems now their manufacturing standards are dropping too.

Tal1
Student
Options

God ***** you samsung, how is this reasonable?

Im not even going to try and replace this tv because i dont have the energy to deal with this, but this is a piece of ***** non the less. MVIMG_20200517_194950.jpg

Kerry74
Apprentice
Options
I have something similar, does anyone know what it is? 20201025_205240_5159.jpg
0 Likes
Margus1
First Poster
Options

It is Samsung!Isnt It?:(

0 Likes
Alexislaz
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue,  it happened a month ago while I was watching TV,  I contacted Samsung and they said that I should replace the screen and the cost is 800 euros , I bought the TV 3 years ago for 1800 euros , my model is UE60KS7000. This is unacceptable and they don't care about it .

20201031_211217.jpg

0 Likes
AndyQ
First Poster
Options

here is my brand new 65" TU8500 i wish i bought an LG instead, i want this sorted it is not acceptable 

533C4625-DDC3-4A7D-BD3D-ABBBED03A249.jpegC487CE6E-F14C-4F97-80D8-F4B7E2DD098B.jpeg

0 Likes
Hliaspro
Journeyman
Options

Hi Tal1, you have right. I bought a new one before 2 months and i had BB. I ve tried to returne it back and samsung told me that is not a problem. My tv is not the BB big as  yours. I recomended you to sent emails to samsung with some pictures.

0 Likes
EStone
First Poster
Options

Hi!

A bit old post but did you solve the issue you had?

I have exactly the same.

0 Likes
Tal1
Student
Options

Hi, i think over time it got better or maybe i got used to it, but anyway in newer models it shouldn't happen. 

0 Likes