Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backlight Bleed: Samsung Q70R

(Topic created on: 17-07-2020 02:06 PM)
Kaushik
Student
Options

Backlight leakage on edges of the screenBacklight leakage on edges of the screen

I am facing issue with backlight bleed which appeared on the edges of the screen after 7 days of usage. Engineer visited my house and said that it is normal and this is the new technology which SAMSUNG used for QLED series. I am still struglling to make Samsung understand that I am not satisfied with Samsung Engineer's feedback and the product as the Display set in the shop did not have this issue. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
darkmantom
Pioneer
Options

this is for sure not normal !!!

AndrewL
Options

@Kaushik: Some light bleed is to be expected on back lit QLED models, however I recommend checking out the following settings in an effort to reduce the effect.

- Settings > General > Eco Solution > Ambient Light Detection = Automatically adjusts the brightness level of the TV, according to the ambient light level.
- Settings > General > Eco Solution > Minimum Backlight = When Ambient Light Detection is turned on, you can manually adjust the minimum brightness of the TV screen.
- Settings > Picture > Expert Settings > Local Dimming > Set to High or Low = Controls the brightness of individual areas on the screen to maximise contrast automatically.
- Settings > General > Intelligent Mode Settings > Adaptive Brightness = Automatically adjusts the backlight brightness of the screen by detecting the ambient light level using ambient light sensor.

Kaushik
Student
Options
Hi Andrew,

I have tried to change the settings as advised by you still I see this issue.
I tried to adjust the back light to minimum as possible still the lines are eye catching in the semi dark scenes. If I reduce the back light to zero pictures are washed out.

Regards,
Kaushik
0 Likes
Alizpro
First Poster
Options

I see some bleeding in gray and dark gray backgrounds like apple music app. But it happens only from bottom and both sides of the display and its normal in other scenarioss

0 Likes
jdimko
First Poster
Options

I have same issue for exact same model. Any solution?

0 Likes