Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autoplay

(Topic created on: 18-01-2020 07:54 PM)
borez
First Poster
Options

I just bought this new Samsung smart TV, how do I deactivate apps from  annoyingly autoplaying content as I'm browsing?

6 REPLIES 6
Rostehea
First Poster
Options

I wish I knew...it is BEYOND annoying!

QLED_Rakuten_TV
First Poster
Options

I have this new QLED TV

It is frustrating that on the Q90R QLED the Rakuten TV ads are FORCED and many inappropriate ads are coming

this needs to have complained to the advertising standards board UK

In the meanwhile any suggestion to simply switch this nonsense force inappropriate ads that break the law as they just come up and children are exposed to higher aged content

Can Samsung !! (shame) or anyone in the community help switch this self autoplay of Rakuten TV ads?

AndrewL
Options
If you go to Home > Apps > Settings (cog in top right) > Go to Rakuten > From the list of drop down option, select Delete or Lock. Does this resolve your query?
0 Likes
Noidea1
First Poster
Options

This does not stop the autoplay.

I do not even have the option to delete the app (which i would like to do)

0 Likes
J3ssi3
First Poster
Options
This is also a significant frustration point for me. Many of the movies getting auto played are suspenseful or stressful. This increases my discomfort and anxiety. I tried to delete the app and change the settings with no luck. It appears my current option is to disconnect the tv from the internet and use a different device for apps.
0 Likes
jp38
Student
Options

Not sure if this is exactly your situation, but on my TV I was able to "disable" the app that was autoplaying. In the case of a TV fresh out of the box, it was autoplaying the "Samsung TV" app.

To disable, I pressed on the home button on the remote, then arrow-ed over to the Samsung TV app icon, then pressed the down direction, which gave me "remove" and "disable" options. Selecting disable did the trick.

Now it's trying to autoplay the Live TV app, which has nothing hooked up. I'd imagine you could get a similar result to me with some experimentation, landing on an app that doesn't have anything to autoplay, which would at least get the TV to shut up.

0 Likes