Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto update 'OFF' - still updates itslef without prompt

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 04:28 PM)
xplod
Apprentice
Options

This Tv 50RU7172 is set NOT to auto update and even any app in store as well. However, youtube app updates without prompt and changes layout in app and behavior also. Looking at details in app itself says that the version is updated 20.04.2022. Every change is obvious ( ads delivery methods and molesting algorithms to prevent normal usage. And every fifth video pause to confirm watching. ) My question is, is there a way to eliminate this app and why is this even allowed by Samsung. I feel that this is ridiculous and sad at same time. To be honest, buying this TV was huge mistake.This is a very big PC monitor. 

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @xplod 

Just to confirm, is the issue your having solely with the YouTube app on your TV? Are all other apps working as expected?

0 Likes
xplod
Apprentice
Options

Yes, only Youtube app is auto updating without prompt. Looking now the app version is 20221114 so it is autoupdated yeaterday and first Thing i notice is startup logo is differwnt and app layout. I am using Netflix app as well and havent noticed any changes in a while. To be honest i avoid updates until first read the reason for it and what improvement it delivers. 

0 Likes