Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto tuning button is greyed out and non functioning

(Topic created on: 04-10-2020 11:14 AM)
DunroaminLeo
Student
Options

I have lost some of my channels and I following the TV manual to retune the TV under "Broadcast".   Only problem is the "auto tuning" button is "greyed" out and message comes up "non functioning".   

How can I retune my TV ?

9 REPLIES 9
AndrewL
Options

@DunroaminLeo: Please can you confirm the full model number of your TV, located on the sticker on the back of the device, or in Menu > Support > Contact Samsung, and I will look into this for you. In the meantime, check for any available updates via Settings > Support > Software Update to see if this helps. 

0 Likes
DunroaminLeo
Student
Options

The model no. is UE43RU7100 (2019).    I have managed now to retune the channels after going in and out of the settings a few times and the "Broadcast" button came  have also updated the software (though nothing new to update), we have still not got 4 Sony channels though so I don't know whether they have closed down or what?

0 Likes
Members_h5tIkf3
First Poster
Options

I have lost some of my channels and I following the TV manual to retune the TV under "Broadcast".   Only problem is the "auto tuning" button is "greyed" out and message comes up "non functioning".  How can I retune my TV? My tv model is: QE55Q9FNA
1. I cannot use auto-tuning settings - greyed out
2. I cannot use software update - greyed out 

0 Likes
Airsurfer1
First Poster
Options

I am having this same issue. Was this resolved?

0 Likes
Axileon
First Poster
Options
Similar issue - not able to retune and not able to restore the TV to factory settings. Have had the TV for some time - just seems to have recently been a problem.
0 Likes
Airsurfer1
First Poster
Options

If you had a storm in your area where electric current was unstable it knocked out your motherboard. After doing alot of research, the motherboard will need to be replaced. Attached is video on youtube same as my issue https://youtu.be/4v5cxZSgjjc

0 Likes
Wavey
First Poster
Options

Hi I have a Samsung tv model no QE75Q75BAT and when I go into my setting / broadcasting / the Auto Tuning Settings are greyed out, how do I get this back ?

0 Likes
MrRolli
First Poster
Options

This is what I did 

power it down leave it for a few minutes (I know)

Press channel list navigate the up arrow and toggle free sat on and off

hit the home button and navigate to settings scroll through all the icons to the settings at the end of the list

choose Broadcasting and the auto tuning options reappeared for me

0 Likes
Wavey
First Poster
Options

Thanks MrRolli, this has worked and everything is visible now, thanks again for your help

0 Likes