Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto scan and wrong channel numbers

(Topic created on: 26-08-2018 11:09 PM)
Varsas
Apprentice
Options

I bought an mu7000 aka mu8000 (US) and have auto tuned it for Freeview channels but none of the numbers for the channels match the standard ones. Is this normal? Can it be fixed?

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
7alhoul
Navigator
Options

Hi @Varsas,

it is logical the TV it is programmed for the US, but the order you can regulate it yourself.

0 Likes
Varsas
Apprentice
Options

@7alhoul wrote:

Hi @Varsas,

it is logical the TV it is programmed for the US, but the order you can regulate it yourself.

It's not a US model; it's the UK model. I just mentioned the US model number as a reference point for clarity as last years numbering can be confusing.

Has anyone else encountered this issue where the TV appears to have assigned numbers to the channels as it's found them and not applied the Freeview number?

paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

@Varsas wrote:

@7alhoul wrote:

Hi @Varsas,

It's not a US model; it's the UK model. I just mentioned the US model number as a reference point for clarity as last years numbering can be confusing.

Has anyone else encountered this issue where the TV appears to have assigned numbers to the channels as it's found them and not applied the Freeview number?

No a new one on me. 

Paul

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
Hi @Varsas

If you are currently outside the region the TV was intended to be used then this is likely to be why you are experiencing this issue. As a workaround you can go to Home > Live TV > Channel List > All > Edit > Channels > Change Number to see if you can arrange the channels in a more familiar order. Please be aware that when a channel number is changed, its channel information is not updated automatically.
Varsas
Apprentice
Options

@AndrewL wrote:
Hi @Varsas

If you are currently outside the region the TV was intended to be used then this is likely to be why you are experiencing this issue. As a workaround you can go to Home > Live TV > Channel List > All > Edit > Channels > Change Number to see if you can arrange the channels in a more familiar order. Please be aware that when a channel number is changed, its channel information is not updated automatically.

Hi. I'm not outside the region. I went down to my local Currys PC World, bought the TV, brought it home and set it up at the weekend. Perhaps mine is somehow incorrectly configured? Is there a way to check?

I left the channel numbers alone but it's annoying, especially as I want to set it up with my Harmony remote and that uses the Freeview channel numbers; I have tweaked the numbers in that device so it uses the Samsung's numbers for a few favourite channels rather than the Freeview ones.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
No problem. I recommend going to Home > Settings > Broadcasting > Auto Tuning > Auto Tuning Settings to see if this makes a difference. You can also utilise Broadcasting > Expert Settings > Manual Tuning to scan for all the channels manually and store the scanned channels in the TV. ^AL
0 Likes
paul1277
Black Belt 
Options

If it is a brand new telly it should work out of the box without having to mess around.  First thing I advise anyone is to report it to you retailer as a fault,  especially in the first 4 weeks. 

It sounds like a fault because as I said it should work out of the box,  and if not then replace and get one that does. 

Paul

0 Likes
MarpleBBBB
First Poster
Options

Varsas, did you find a solution? I've just bought a new TV and have the same issue.

0 Likes
Varsas
Apprentice
Options

I didn't find a solution in the end and customer service weren't that helpful; partly I'm not sure they understood it.

It's actually fine and just annoying that the numbers don't match up. If you set up a favourite list then it's easy enough to manage.

0 Likes