Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Motion Plus not available?

(Topic created on: 26-08-2019 02:05 PM)
AtMelty
Student
Options

Just got a QE43Q60R TV and started to configure the settings but for some reason there are a bunch of functions that aren't available. Auto Motion Plus being one of them and they're just "greyed out" and can't quite figure out how to activate them.

Any help on how to "unlock" it is appreciated.

16 REPLIES 16
CarlH
Options

Hi @AtMelty. Do you have any devices connected to the TV and which HDMI port are you using if so?

0 Likes
AtMelty
Student
Options

Only connected to a PC for now, via the HDMI 1 port.

0 Likes
Ciszar
First Poster
Options

I have same problem and I know why its not working for me. And its disgusting..

Soo..

When I connect laptop to my Samsung QE65Q65, (for example 1920x1080@100Hz, but it doesnt matter what resolution or refresh rate) image on TV is not scaled properly. Image is little bit zoomed in, outer borders are croped. In this situation, Auto Motion Plus function is available and working OK together with others pic settings.

BUT if I go in settings of TV and set imge to fit the screen size, image scaling is OK, but Auto Motion Plus is greyed out and not working, together with some other advanced pic. settings.

Same problem happens if I apply setting "fit to the screen size" only on laptop. Image scaling is OK, but Auto Motion Plus is greyed out and not working, together with some other advanced pic. settings.

So if image is not scaled properly, this picture settings are working, if I scale image correctly, its NOT working.. I tried HDMI ports 1 and 4.

I dont know yet how to fix this..

user_name
Apprentice
Options

Hi

After some time trying to fix this problem, discovered this thread with replies and manage to enable these settings ( other Samsung TV model ).

- While selected source is TV the Auto Motion Plus and other settings are available.

- When connect the PC ( source HDMI ), to enable these settings, try setting the resolution to max ( 4096 x 2160 ) and leave the refresh default.

As @Ciszar said the image is not scaled properly. Manually changing the refresh rate also won't fix the problem.

Now the Auto Motion Plus and other settings should be available.

Next set the resolution to 3840 x 2160 ( recommended ). Don't change the refresh rate. It should change automatically to 59 Hz.

Now the Auto Motion Plus and other settings should be available and also the image should be scaled properly.

Stromcow
First Poster
Options

This worked! Thank you very much for posting. TV was capped at 30 and most of the settings in "picture" disabled - now is running smooth at 60 hz now with my PC. 

0 Likes
user_name
Apprentice
Options

glad it was helpful

0 Likes
ssvenn
Student
Options

What graphics card do you have? With my nvidia gtx1080 the Auto Motion Plus settings is enabled if I switch to 4096x2160 but the picture becomes very overscanned. As soon as I switch back to 3840x2160 the settings are disabled again 😞

I like to play certain games with triple buffering, "half refresh rate" vsync and auto motion plus enabled because it makes it easy for the computer to output a rock solid 30 frames per second that the TV is able to lock on and smooth out.

How do we petition Samsung to give us more control over the AMP setting? I'm pretty sure the only reason it is disabled is because the TV firmware detects that it is connected to a PC and thinks motion smoothing is undesired with computers (it really isn't!)

0 Likes
user_name
Apprentice
Options

Hi

An AMD Radeon RX 480.

When switch to 4096x2160 the refresh should automatically change to 59Hz.

Try manually setting the refresh rate at 59Hz. Then do the switch to 4096x2160 and back to 3840x2160.

I don't know why but if the refresh is manually changed after switching to 4096x2160, even if it's set back manually to 59Hz, all the extra TV settings are not available.

0 Likes
tallpr24
First Poster
Options

I just got the qn75q60r using a pc and I'm getting the same issue.  anyone have a fix for this.  I tried the recommendation from a user here about maxing the resolution and then switching back with no luck.

0 Likes