Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio sync with UE40H4200AW TV and Virgin TiVo drifts off.

(Topic created on: 10-12-2016 12:36 PM)
Haardvark
First Poster
Options

This is the early Virgin TiVo box connected to TV with high-speed HDMI cable and the latest 1042 firmware loaded into the TV. The audio sync drifts progressively until after a few hours it is about a second. This can be reset by switching tv off and back on again. Done it since new. I assume the problem is with the tv since switching that off/on fixes it - but maybe not? I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi -and welcome, Haardvark! :smileyhappy:

Is it just the TiVo box that this happens with? And does it happen with both HDMI ports?

0 Likes
ColinGrave
First Poster
Options

I'm getting the same problem with Amazon Video, the app that is built in as standard into my Samsung UE55KS7000U TV. After watching a program for an hour it  is so far out of sync between the picture and audio it is unwatchable, so I have to shut down the film in Amazon Video and then go back to it, press Resume, and I'm back to where I was but in perfect sync again.  This does appear to be a problem with the TV as there is no other piece of equipment involved other than my router.

I also  experience sync problems from my Sky Box, particularly with BBC programs, but switching things off and back on doesn't seem to cure this problem, so maybe this is a problem between Sky and the BBC?

0 Likes
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi there, @ColinGrave!

What software version is your TV running on at the moment? Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. Are you experiencing this problem with any other app?

Is the audio sync problem intermittent with the Sky Box? Have you checked the signal quality?

0 Likes