Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio dropouts on Q90T with eARC?

(Topic created on: 29-11-2020 03:08 AM)
Superbeasto
First Poster
Options

Has anyone had (and hopefully fixed) issues with the eARC connection dropping out and losing audio for a couple of seconds regularly on the Q90T?

I have it connected to a Sony STR-1080DN and have tried a few different lengths and speeds of cable, have tried both pass-through and Auto and still get it. It always recovers, is only ever a brief dropout but it's too annoying to use. Frustratingly it would make my whole set up perfect if I could just get it working so wanted to check if anyone had a solution.

Samsung support tell me last year's TVs had this issue but that it's sorted on the 2020 ones, sadly doesn't seem to be the case.

5 REPLIES 5
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Not sure if it’s the same or not but I have the q90t. 

All my devices are attached to my receiver directly and never had any audio issues. However, for my firestick to work correctly in HDR mode, I have it connected to the tv directly. 

audio settings - earc is set to off. My receiver isn’t compatible with earc and only arc. 

lipsync was a huge issue from Firestick  to receiver if digital audio output was set to PCM or Auto but also still an issue if using only the tv speakers. 

So I changed to pass-through and all of a sudden the lip sync problem disappears and sound is how it should be through my receiver. 

then I notice a audio drop out which lasted about a second after 40 mins or so. Didn’t think much of it until every 40 mins to an hour I get another Audio dropout. 
never had issue with firestick when it was connected direct to receiver but now it’s connected to tv I get the problem. I assume this audio drop out is similar to yours?

it’s a bit frustrating as you know the drop out will be on its way. But I have no idea why there is a drop out. If audio is being passed through then tv shouldn’t be processing anything, so why the drop out?

can anyone assist?

FE21
First Poster
Options

Having same problem. Audio drops for 1-2 seconds after ~1hr. I have Q90T with Q950T soundbar. I haven't tried all the permutations of tv sound vs sound bar, but have tried specifying wifi channel and turning off Alexa. Anyone else? There are other threads on here where users have similar stories.

0 Likes
jdavis7765
First Poster
Options

Same issue here running eARC to elite receiver. Happens on Xbox and firestick and never had issue until getting this TV. 

0 Likes
Amogh
Apprentice
Options
Same issue with my q950t. I am using a Nvidia shield 4k and using netflix or plex, I get a lot of audio dropouts. Device is directly connected to my soundbar.

Plus I am not getting any dropouts when using on my yamaha receiver.

That means that the problem is with the soundbar.

Read online that samsung has fixed in 2021 lineup but not in 2020 😩😢

Wonder if samsung even cares about it's customer or not!!!!

#SamsungWeWantAFix @Samsung
0 Likes
Daveyboy123
Navigator
Options

Think with one of the recent updates (one before latest) fixes this issue. 

I’ve not had any audio drop outs and it is all fine now. So anyone with this issue please ensure you update to latest update as seems ok now. 

0 Likes