Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Audio Description

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 05:17 PM)
Elbonrules
First Poster
Options

I have a  Smart TV UE55RU7100K model. For the last 2/3 months additional commentary is occurring on certain programs which I think is audio description. I have tried to turn this off as suggested  by accessing Settings, General, Accessibility but the option is not available on this model. Can anyone help please.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Elbonrules: On the Samsung Smart Remote, try clicking in the Volume Up/Down rocker for a few seconds to bring up the Accessibility Shortcuts menu. Alternatively, press and hold the MUTE button on the standard remote. Are you able to switch off Audio Description from here? 

If the issue persists, please can you confirm if you're watching programmes on channels that are tuned to the TV itself, or are you using an external set-top box? Are you encountering the Audio Descriptions on a particular channel and, if so, have you checked the description of the programme to see if Audio Description is part of the broadcast? 

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Elbonrules: On the Samsung Smart Remote, try clicking in the Volume Up/Down rocker for a few seconds to bring up the Accessibility Shortcuts menu. Alternatively, press and hold the MUTE button on the standard remote. Are you able to switch off Audio Description from here? 

If the issue persists, please can you confirm if you're watching programmes on channels that are tuned to the TV itself, or are you using an external set-top box? Are you encountering the Audio Descriptions on a particular channel and, if so, have you checked the description of the programme to see if Audio Description is part of the broadcast? 

0 Likes
Members_1qxwdyV
First Poster
Options

I too have the same issue. Audio description is disabled but over the last few weeks every BBC1 programme has audio description. I have tried your suggestions and still I have the audio description although it has not been activated. I’d be grateful for any more ideas! Thanks so much.

0 Likes
Audio description
First Poster
Options

Did you get a solution?

0 Likes
Audio description
First Poster
Options

Did you get issue resolved. I have a similar issue. I can go on to seeings and change from AD to English Dolby but it is annoying 

0 Likes