Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audio codec not supported - Constantly

(Topic created on: 04-11-2019 09:44 PM)
superbhd
Journeyman
Options

Hi. I bought a 50NU7400 to replace my old Samsung TV. In fact I've been a solid customer more than a decade and owned several 6/7 series models. But it was time to move to 4k/UHD.

Since opening the box I've noted that more than half my collection wont play on this device via USB. Usually its the audio codec not supported. Literally all my "lower spec" 6 series TVs support these media. Is this a joke, how can you call this a smart TV when it supports hardly any codecs!!!! There were far cheaper alternatives from other brand names but as a loyal customer, I went with Samsung.

Update our firmware to support all common codecs, this is terrible! Penny pinching and not paying for codec support will loose you customers AND destroy your reputation

15 REPLIES 15
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Hey @superbhd! This sounds a little strange as most of the codecs for media files should be supported on this TV. Please get in touch with the Samsung Audiovisual team as they will be happy to assist you on this. You can contact them by calling this number: 0333 000 0333.

superbhd
Journeyman
Options

Its model UE50NU7400. Software version T-KTM2DEUC-1270.6, BT - S

Is there an Irish number that can be called from the Republic of Ireland?

0 Likes
superbhd
Journeyman
Options

Also before someone states the obvious these are legitimate digital copies of movies that come with DVDs and Blu rays I've bought. And again work on all my older Samsungs.

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @superbhd. If you're based in Ireland, try this number: 0818 717100

Hope this helps! 

superbhd
Journeyman
Options

Magic, really helps thanks 😊 

Nilz1
Student
Options

Hi 
What did you do? 
I have the same issue on my Q70 2019 model

0 Likes
superbhd
Journeyman
Options

Sadly Samsung were no help. They had many months to come up with a solution but offered nothing. Several emails, calls, forum posts. I'm never buying another Samsung again

0 Likes
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @superbhd,

As these files are using DTS CODEC, this is not supported on your new TV.

You should have no problem making them again with Dolby Digital Soundtracks which are supported.

Cheers.
0 Likes
Nilz1
Student
Options

The problem here is that we cannot understand why it is not supported, old Samsungs do support these so why have you removed this from the new models?