Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU9000 Will Not Default to Sound Bar

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 01:24 PM)
BennyBoy71
First Poster
Options

Hi

Bought an AU9000 yesterday. I have it connected via HDMI to my Yamaha YSP2500 sound bar. The TV plays fine through the sound bar when I tell it to do so manually, but I cannot get the TV to default to the sound bar, so every time I turn it on, it is playing sound through the awful speakers.

Does anyone know how to sort this ?  I have tried with an optical cable too, but cannot get any sound at all that way.

Confused !

Thanks in advance

Ben

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
This page maybe helpful

Soundbar or wireless speakers have low max volume

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01203944/
0 Likes
BennyBoy71
First Poster
Options

Hi Steve

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately that link does not seem to address my issue. The sound bar is working, but only if I manually tell the TV to output through it. Every time I turn the TV off, it defaults back to TV speakers.

Ben

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @BennyBoy71 

Could you let us know the full model code of your TV? You'll be able to locate this at the back of the TV, or by heading into Settings > Support > Contact Samsung.

0 Likes
BennyBoy71
First Poster
Options

Hi Kholal

It's a UE43AU9000KXXU

The sound bar is a Yamaha YSP2500 and is connected via HDMI, though I wouldn't mind connecting via optical if that is better.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
BennyBoy71
First Poster
Options

@kholal - did you get anywhere with a potential solution ?

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey hey, apologies for the delay. So, let's first ensure your TV is running on the latest software (v. 1805) by heading into Settings > Support > Contact Samsung. If it's not running on the latest software, please update this by heading into Settings > Support > Software Update.

Next, you mentioned you tried connecting using an optical cable but the issue still occurred? I'd like you to give this another go and connect the speaker using an optical cable. Once you've done this, head into the Settings > Sound > Sound Output > Optical.

Now that it's connected, please ensure when using your TV in the future, that the speaker is switched on first. This should push the TV to choose the external speaker as the main.

For more info, please refer to page 20 in the manual: https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202109/20210910124253866/OSNDVBEUA-7.2.0_EM_OSCAR_EU_E...

0 Likes
BennyBoy71
First Poster
Options

Hi again @kholal

My software is definitely up to date.

If I connect with an optical cable then I am not getting any sound at all.

Also, I thought the speaker would turn itself on when it got a HDMI signal as I am in the HDMI ARC connection. This used to happen with my old Sony TV.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes