Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

AU9000 Crystal UHD Game Motion Plus bug

(Topic created on: 11-06-2022 05:31 PM)
BE4GLE
Journeyman
Options

There is a software bug in my 43 inch AU9000 television, that I bought recently. I am using the latest available firmware 1904, but the judder reduction slider doesn't have any effect on the image. This Game Motion Plus feature should add motion interpolation to 30 fps games, but it doesn't. Not even if I set it to the highest possible value. I've found some threads of 2021 Neo QLEDs having the same bug. I've also read in one of the theads that a firmware update solved it (one year later). Where should I report this bug to raise the developers attention? The Hungarian customer support wasn't very helpful. They just said they recorded my compaint but they have no vision over future updates. :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

Yes, this feature is broken. I have been trying for four months, gave them heaps of information, video, testing results over 5 consoles and retro gaming machine. They even sent a technician to my house to review and he agreed the game motion plus judder reduction is not working, but for some reason the Samsung technicians still refused to acknowledge there is an issue, even when the technician in my house was telling him over the phone it does not work.

They keep giving vague and misleading info advising it has to match resolution and input, only certain content... even when we matched exactly what he said, he then changed the story. Frustrating.

I have all but given up raising the issue now. I just want to enjoy the TV for what it is, which is really good tv, just frustrating a heavily advertised feature does not work at all and they don't seem to want to investigate or follow it up. 

Keep bugging them, the more noise we make then it might get through to them, but don't hold your breath, they have not listened to any of us so far. Shame. Great TV, but one broken software feature let's it down badly. 

0 Likes
MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

Now this is funny. About half hour after I wrote this, my TV got an update to firmware 2001, and guess what? Game motion plus judder reduction now looks to be working :smiling-face: 

Talk about timing! 

Not sure if its as fluid as what some people have described, but looks to be making a nice difference on some older PS3 games I have tested. 

Hopefully you will see the update soon as well. Will be interesting to hear your thoughts. But def working and making a difference now on lower frame rate games for me. 

0 Likes
BE4GLE
Journeyman
Options

Hello! I'm happy to hear that this issue is fixed for you. :smiling-face: This update isn't availble in on my tv yet. Probably it is not released globally or the size variant also matters. I hope I will get it too. I checked on the hungarian support page, if they uploaded it, but they didn't. I guess I have to wait.

0 Likes
MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

Yeah, hopefully it drops soon for you too. I am in Australia, but we are normally aligned with EU for a lot of stuff, but can't really say when it comes to different models and regions. 

Its not as fluid as the standard judder reduction, it does not make it feel full 60fps, but it feels smoother while not adding lag or weird image glitches. For me, I am happy, makes some of my older games just feel smoother which is nice, or if I choose graphics mode on PS5 games over performance, I get something between. Its a nice option to use. 

0 Likes
Solution
BE4GLE
Journeyman
Options

Hello! I got the update too. They uploaded it to their support page recently, so I could install it from a USB stick. I can confirm, the issue is fixed on firmware version 2001. It really makes a huge difference on 30 fps games. I am so happy! ☺️

MarkoMarky
Pioneer
Options

Awesome! Glad to hear it came to your TV as well. Its definitely a nice feature to use. Some older ps1 games feel very fluid with it. I am playing through some older games that makes them feel nicer to play, like Driveclub on PS4. With the smoothing on and turn all the camera shake off, it feels like a much better game and enjoying it a lot. Never played a lot of it, but with this game mode I have rediscovered it and enjoying playing through it now. 

Was just frustrating how it did nothing before, and even more frustrating that the technician here is Aus refused to even consider it did not work or want to follow up, always giving bs excuse why I did not see anything and claiming it was working as it should. I guess this kind of proves his theory wrong, not that he will ever admit or probably even find out the update fixes it... he will go on blissfully unaware and believe he was right. Samsung makes great stuff, and great development teams etc... but their support teams can be very tone deaf and disregard customer concerns often, even if it does get through and addressed in the end :smiling-face:

Anyway, that's my groan lol! Glad its fixed for you, enjoy!!

0 Likes
Akshay5173
First Poster
Options

I have a samsung series 5 or 6 please tell me how you downloaded the update

0 Likes
BE4GLE
Journeyman
Options

Hi! If the tv doesn't offer you the update, you can install it manually from a pendrive. You will find the latest update and the quick guide on the support page. Make sure to that you download the update for your specific tv model. There is a search bar on the support site.

0 Likes
Akshay5173
First Poster
Options

Hi i guess i am already on the latest version because i checked the website it said theast update was 23 feb 2024 is there any other way to fix game motion plus i have UA50NU6100 can you tell me please game motion plus doesn’t have any effect while playing games i usually  play story game on my ps4 like last of us 2 but when i turn off the game mode and use default auto motion plus instead of game motion plus it works but there is input lag plz help

0 Likes