Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AU8000 as windows 11 monitor

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 02:06 AM)
TomR1945
Student
Options

Hello there.

I just joined and have a question for all you experts and gurus out there.

I am using a 43" AU8000 TV as my Windows 11 desktop monitor. I am having problems enabling HDR as windows says it is not compatible.

In searching for a solution I noticed the driver is listed as "Generic PnP Monitor". I have searched the internet for a fix but have not found one.

So, my question is, Does anyone have thoughts on this issue?  I would appreciate any suggestions and a solution if you have one.

Thank you!

Tom R.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
KARMAIZ
Journeyman
Options
Is your 43" Windows 11 TV, sky glass by any chance? If so i think that i maybe able to help.
TomR1945
Student
Options

Thank you for reading my post!

Not sure what "sky glass" is, so I guess my answer will be no.

Full model number: UN43AU8000F. Serial number: OBRS3CHT502917E.

What is your solution? It may be worth a try.

Tom R.

0 Likes
KARMAIZ
Journeyman
Options
So you also have a PC monitor? Is it a dell or hp?
0 Likes
KARMAIZ
Journeyman
Options
Maybe because they are not a robot. Do you know that people gaming, wearing VR goggles and having robots driving cars is illegal and also dangerous.
0 Likes
KARMAIZ
Journeyman
Options
Good bye
0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Hi @TomR1945, have you checked on your monitor to see if the settings are adjusted correctly to work with your TV as it's telling you it's not compatible? Where did you buy your TV from? Also, where are you based? 

0 Likes
TomR1945
Student
Options

The TV is my monitor. Single monitor, HDMI connection through a KVM switch(second PC). 

0 Likes
TomR1945
Student
Options

The Tv is my monitor. I went through the TV settings but i didn’t see a setting that would turn the HDR option on or off. 
I’m in Miami, Florida, purchased it online at Amazon.com. 

Tom R.

0 Likes