Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

au7100

(Topic created on: 20-01-2022 09:59 PM)
dp2021twunt
Explorer
Options
So every where that advertises this tv states it has voice commands. After ordering it I find out this isn't the case at all. There's not even the options of "voice" or "personal in settings. Wouldn't of been an issue had it not stated in the specifications it was possible. 

So my question the point to this rant. Is it possible to put au7110 firmware on this tv via USB? Obviously I wouldn't have the mic button on the remote but I could at least connect alexa via smartthings as this isn't available on the device currently. 

Ps. Samsung you should of stuck with android instead of your own os. 
11 REPLIES 11
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
You could try contacting support
Regarding voice commands
https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

How to update a Samsung TV via USB

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/tv-audio-video/how-to-update-a-samsung-tv-via-usb/
0 Likes
dp2021twunt
Explorer
Options
Yeah I have thought about contacting them just thought I would give the community a chance as I'm concerned I will brick the tv trying to change firmware. Thank you for replying however Steve much appreciated.
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Yeah that could happen
If firmware is not
For the specified TV
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

There’s no integrated voice control  but if your Samsung is on a wifi network it can be controlled using either an Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant smart speaker. Or there’s Samsung’s proprietary Smart Things control app. 

0 Likes
dp2021twunt
Explorer
Options
I have an alexa device, connected that to the WiFi, the tv is connected to the smart things app and all accounts linked. However this model has smarthub not smart things, so only good for connecting my Samsung s10. However I did try this method as well. Just no control over the tv with alexa device. Alexa has smartthings skill but try any command for the tv its confused 😆
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, just to clarify is the TV connected to the same WiFi network as Alexa?
0 Likes
dp2021twunt
Explorer
Options
It's connected on same WiFi but I believe tv connects through the WiFi booster where alexa will still be direct to the router itself
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, I don't have Alexa so on a big learning curve but came across this guide which I hope helps https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hellotech.com/guide/for/how-to-control-tv-with-alexa/amp
0 Likes
dp2021twunt
Explorer
Options
Think I'm going to play it safe and buy a firestick tbh, I know that works. However yes your link works when connecting to HD source like roku or firestick. Thank you though.

As for alexa it helps a lot in my case as I have health issues that mean I can't always move about through pain etc plus always forgetting what I had for dinner never mind where I put the remote lol