Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Au7100 model not having voice control

(Topic created on: 22-09-2022 04:15 PM)
Mjh1284
Student
Options
I have just bought the au7100 50" model. All retail sites say it comes with Bixby, Alexa and google assistant. Yet there is no option in the settings to set these up. Samsung site says to follow settings>general>voice but there is no voice option in my settings. It's a 2021 version of the tv. Very strange. Any ideas or are all the websites displaying incorrect product details for the tv?
6 REPLIES 6
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options

@Mjh1284 

hello

as checked 

specs → Smart Service 

Google Assistant Built-in N/A

Works with Google Assistant Yes (GB, FR, DE, IT, ES, AT, DK, IE, NL, NO, SE only)

Works With Alexa Yes (GB, FR, DE, IT, ES, AT, IE only)

manual, pages 139, 198 

please contact customer service if requires external voice assistant device 

or we may have missed some settings

😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Members_Hh71DdW
First Poster
Options

How do you connect this tv to Google assistant? The instructions are not clear

0 Likes
Me_angry
Journeyman
Options

Hi 

Did you found how to get voice control on your tv? 

Support told anything?  

0 Likes
djb200
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Bought from John Lewis this week, April 2022,  which said on its website the TV comes with all of the above but it doesn't.

No "voice" option in settings. Anyone have any updates on this issue?

0 Likes
Epidavros
First Poster
Options

Voice control is not built into this model but is possible via SmartThings and Google Assistant. Install and set up SmartThings. Add your TV. Go to the SmartThings home screen. Click the menu in the bottom right. Choose Voice Assistant. And then Choose Google Assistant and follow the instructions.

0 Likes
Robin P
First Poster
Options

Like everyone else I bought the TV because it said in the advertisement that it had built in Google and Alexa, which it doesn’t! Do you know if I buy an Amazon Fire Stick if that will allow me to search for different programmes etc? Samsung Smart Things just allows me to turn the TV on and off so is pretty much useless. I rang Samsung’s technical department but couldn’t get any sense out of them.

0 Likes