Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Mode - Frame 2021 - Art Mode waking up turns the AVR on

(Topic created on: 09-02-2023 06:32 PM)
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Brand new 2021 75" Frame (QE75LS03A), connected via HDMI ARC to Denon AVR-X2400H.
One remote control works like a charm - turning off, turning on, sound level control - no issues there.

BUT

I have the TV set up to go into Art Mode when turned off, Denon turns off as well. The Art Mode will turn off completely thanks to motion and or / light sensor. - when I'm not in the room for some time or when the night comes. That's also fine, that's how I want it to work.

The problem is - if, after some time , I walk into the room and the motion sensor turns the Art Mode on, the AVR turns on as well - and that's not how it should work, I'm not planning to watch the TV, I didn't turn it on. I just want a nice picture on the wall. Furthermore, even when I manually turn the AVR off, it turns back on after a fraction of a second. The only way to turn it off is to turn the TV on and off - then the TV stays in Art Mode with the AVR turned off.

Both the TV and the AVR have the latest firmware.
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

41 REPLIES 41
Phil J
First Poster
Options

Pleased to hear it worked. Don’t know why it works - perhaps that’s for Samsung to explain!!

0 Likes
jk_sigtermans
First Poster
Options

FWIW, I had the same problem with a Samsung The Frame and a Marantz amplifier. I don't use SmartThings, so that solution didn't work for me.
It seems to have been solved after a Samsung remote engineer performed a full reset in the device's BIOS. Downside is that everything had to be configured again as when it was first used. But for now, the problem seems to be solved.

0 Likes