Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Mode - Frame 2021 - Art Mode waking up turns the AVR on

(Topic created on: 06-09-2022 10:45 PM)
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Brand new 2021 75" Frame (QE75LS03A), connected via HDMI ARC to Denon AVR-X2400H.
One remote control works like a charm - turning off, turning on, sound level control - no issues there.

BUT

I have the TV set up to go into Art Mode when turned off, Denon turns off as well. The Art Mode will turn off completely thanks to motion and or / light sensor. - when I'm not in the room for some time or when the night comes. That's also fine, that's how I want it to work.

The problem is - if, after some time , I walk into the room and the motion sensor turns the Art Mode on, the AVR turns on as well - and that's not how it should work, I'm not planning to watch the TV, I didn't turn it on. I just want a nice picture on the wall. Furthermore, even when I manually turn the AVR off, it turns back on after a fraction of a second. The only way to turn it off is to turn the TV on and off - then the TV stays in Art Mode with the AVR turned off.

Both the TV and the AVR have the latest firmware.
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

41 REPLIES 41
buzzyapyear
Apprentice
Options

Would you mind sharing, how does one disconnect smart things?  Is it enough to delete the Frame TV from the smart things app?

0 Likes
Phil J
First Poster
Options

For me it was easy - the ***** thing disconnected itself and wouldn’t reconnect! So I still have SmartThings on my phone. My problem is that to solve another issue - BBC iPlayer switching everything off every 15 mins I had to reset the Smart Hub. This resulted in all my photo collection which used to run when in Art Mode has disappeared and SmartThings is how you add your own photos!

rock and a hard place comes to mind!

0 Likes
buzzyapyear
Apprentice
Options

Oh man lol that's a bummer.  I spent a lot of time curating the images for art mode.  I am loathe to lose those just to try and make this work.  Come on Samsung!

0 Likes
Phil J
First Poster
Options

Found a usb on the side of the one connect box. Connected a usb with all my photo collection and installed it in an instant via art. Phew!

0 Likes
buzzyapyear
Apprentice
Options

Ah great to know, thanks Phil!

0 Likes
RonaldJason
Apprentice
Options

Ok got it in order again (AV not switching when artwork jumps on):

- first tried to remove the tv from the smartthing app —> didn’t work

- removed the smartthing app from my phone (apple) —> didn’t work

- removed the iPhone from the connected devices from the settings menu on the tv —> solved the issue 

I still hope that Samsung will come with a solution !!!

kind regards 

0 Likes
NathanAndrews
Apprentice
Options

I found a solution to my specific issue if anyone ever stumbles upon this….. 

in my case, I simply wanted to listen to music from my soundbar while the frame was in art mode. This was due to the speaker bar having much better audio. The issue was that the frame kept automatically switching the input and “stealing” the source from my other soundbar inputs when in art mode. I discovered a trick that wasn’t as difficult as I thought….. if you pair your smartphone to the frame, then you can use it  as a Bluetooth audio device when in art mode. I didn’t realize this was possible, and in my case solves my issue. As I wanted to play music from my phone over Bluetooth to my sound bar while in art mode. This also semi-explains why it keeps stealing the audio source, as it’s wanting to be a “Bluetooth speaker” in art mode. This should obviously be fixed by Samsung so you can turn this feature off. But in my case, my issue is now “resolved”. Hope that helps someone!  

0 Likes
buzzyapyear
Apprentice
Options

@NathanAndrews That's great you found a workaround.  This wouldn't work for those of us that have other audio components wired into the soundbar... in my case, a Sonos Connect running SPDIF into the D. Input of the soundbar.  

I have found that putting the TV to "off" mode, at least, allows me to turn the soundbar back on and run the Sonos without having it switch away.  Just not art mode.  But it sure would be great to enjoy the art while listening to music. 

AHEM.  Hi Samsung!

0 Likes
pavelpe
First Poster
Options

Same here, and now I'm extra angry, because this stupid bug finally burned my Onkyo receiver, because Frame TV was constantly turning it off and on when art mode endelessly woke it up.

It's frustrating that after such a long time Samsung does not respond here.

Samsung, could someone, please, pay attention to this obvious bug? Why else you have this forum? Thank you.

0 Likes
JustSignedInToSayTA
First Poster
Options

Just signed in to say - thanks!

Removing the Frame from Smart Things did the trick for me!

0 Likes