Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Art Mode - Frame 2021 - Art Mode waking up turns the AVR on

(Topic created on: 31-12-2021 12:36 AM)
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Brand new 2021 75" Frame (QE75LS03A), connected via HDMI ARC to Denon AVR-X2400H.
One remote control works like a charm - turning off, turning on, sound level control - no issues there.

BUT

I have the TV set up to go into Art Mode when turned off, Denon turns off as well. The Art Mode will turn off completely thanks to motion and or / light sensor. - when I'm not in the room for some time or when the night comes. That's also fine, that's how I want it to work.

The problem is - if, after some time , I walk into the room and the motion sensor turns the Art Mode on, the AVR turns on as well - and that's not how it should work, I'm not planning to watch the TV, I didn't turn it on. I just want a nice picture on the wall. Furthermore, even when I manually turn the AVR off, it turns back on after a fraction of a second. The only way to turn it off is to turn the TV on and off - then the TV stays in Art Mode with the AVR turned off.

Both the TV and the AVR have the latest firmware.
Is it a bug or is it a feature?

41 REPLIES 41
addierwerk
Apprentice
Options

Hi again!

Just wanted to let you know that the problem wasn't solved with the simplified setup. The only reason why it worked for a short period of time was, that I encountered the other HDMI related bug which is also already documented in this forum where the TV always defaults back from HDMI ARC to TV Sound. In that case the AVR doesn't get switched on when the TV awakes into ART mode bc the Sound is configured to TV Sound. When you want to watch TV then you have to switch to HDMI Receiver for Sound Output manually. Switching of the TV then also switches off the AVR but next time when you switch on the TV it again defaulted back to TV Sound and again you have to manually switch to HDMI ARC in order to get the AVR working. Also not a solution. And after a view tries the TV finally remembered the TV HDMI ARC setting and the original problem was back. I for now use the Art mode only manually - I switch the TV off completely and only when I want Art mode I switch it on. Super annoying and not what I bought the TV for, but thats Samsung. My other solution is to never buy Samsung again. And then there's a workaround I will also try next. For that I will not use the Samsung Smart Stuff. Instead I will use my fire tv stick connected to the AVR, also my bluray directly to the AVR. The TV is connected on the AVRs monitor out. On the TV I will switch off the CEC stuff, on all other devices CEC stays on. The fire stick remote can act as a universal remote over IR, so I will configure the TV on the fire TV stick. That means that I will only use the fire TV remote. This should switch on the TV via IR and control the rest via CEC. So far it works well, only challange I still have, is that the AVR is in a cabinet and so IR doesn't control it. That shouldn't matter since the AVR should be controlled by the fire stick via CEC but I couldn't get it to work for the volume. Power on/off works. Not sure where the problem here is. As long as I can't solve this I'll use the TV / Art mode manually. It sucks when technology doesn't work as intended. It would be so much easier if Samsung just fixed the wrongly sent cec wakeup in art mode.

regards, Herbert

0 Likes
Haus
Student
Options

Confirming the same issue with a 2021 Samsung Frame 55" (latest firmware) and Pioneer LSX-VX102. In the morning if I walk in the room, the TV turns on in Art mode and turns on the receiver. Needless waste of electricity and heats up my cabinet (which has fans, which then heats the room). Worse, when I try to turn off the receiver, it immediately powers back on again, so I either leave everything on all the time or skip art mode, which is one of the selling points of the TV.

Samsung, this should be an easy fix. Art mode doesn't need audio. Don't power the receiver when the TV is in Art mode, only when the TV is in use.

LeighB
First Poster
Options

Same. 2021 Frame into Sony Surround Sound over ARC. With HDMI control on it works as expected but am not happy with how art mode triggers it. Hope this can be fixed with an update.

0 Likes
Phil J
First Poster
Options

2021 Frame with Denon 2700: the problem has occurred once, I have switched the screen off completely as I go to bed to prevent any further occurrence. Not the best solution but all we have currently. A bigger issue for me is that after using any of the TV apps (Netflix, Prime, Disney, etc ) I attempt to go back to watching Sky and the screen goes black! Tried assorts to solve, but only one thing works: switch off Sky at the mains and start it again - is that Sky?, Denon - as it’s on pass through? or The Frame as it’s remote switches all three machines on?

0 Likes
Jason502
First Poster
Options

Same issue with a new 55" 2021 model. I don't even care for art mode the majority of the time. I wish there was an option to disable it without using the tv remote to long press the power button every single time. Support doesn't care. Just like they don't care about their ***** phone software or their awful washer and dryer programming. They told me to disable CEC to fix the issue.

0 Likes
Phil J
First Poster
Options

It appears that if you come out of any of the apps ( Netflix or whatever) by going through the apps menu system to ‘exit’ then wait…. It comes back on 👍 worked a number of times now without fail - problem solved? 🤞

0 Likes
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Def not solved. I don't use apps at all, just Apple TV or the cable STB.

Phil J
First Poster
Options

Exit Apple TV the same way - don’t use return or home on Samsung remote, follow Apples menu to exit

0 Likes
poprostukuba
Journeyman
Options

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I meant Apple TV external device. I don't "exit" it in any way, I just turn it off.

0 Likes
Phil J
First Poster
Options

My apologies I use all the apps through TV but had issues getting back to Sky - which 🤞I think might be sorted 

0 Likes