Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC problem

(Topic created on: 10-02-2022 12:45 AM)
DanielUK
Student
Options

Hi all. I hope you can help please.

I have just replaced my old Philips 55PUS6401 TV with a new Samsung QE65Q70AATXXU 65 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV.

The TV is all set up and working fine on FreeSat, but I have a problem with sound output.

Previously, I used a HDMI ARC port from the TV to my Denon AVR which worked perfectly. With Samsung, I get an error saying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port."

The same cable is in HDMI 3, and in settings on the Samsung TV - in Sound, Expert settings - 'HDMIe-ARC Mode' is Auto, as well as 'Digital Output Adio for...' Auto.

In terms of setup I have a HDMI cable in the TV as mentioned. This then goes to this small box which has an optical audio cable from it which then goes into the optical TV audio port on the AVR: 
HD11-ARC - The Media Factory

I also tried bypassing the above box conveying HDMI to optical audio and followed these instructions: Playing TV Audio Through the AV Receiver

Enabled the above setting. Switched my projector HDMI to MONITOR 2, plugged the HDMI from TV into MONITOR 1 (ARC). Enabled all settings - same error on the TV.

Any ideas!?

Thanks for your help,
Dan

39 REPLIES 39
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

Mam taki sam problem. Wydaje się że stało się to po aktualizacji tv. Samsung q75qe67aau

0 Likes
Disappointed37
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem. Everything worked fine for a year and then, in February, I started getting this arc message. I suspect there was a dodgy software update. 

0 Likes
jlous
Apprentice
Options

My mistake: My cable was connected to one of the HDMI inputs on the amp.

How silly of me.
On my amp, the cable has to be plugged into HTMI OUT  to get sound from the tv to the amp.

Stupid, but it works fine now.

0 Likes
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

Jaki model tv?

0 Likes
LouisNL
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. I bought a new Samsung TV yesterday and my soundbar was working perfectly. Today this message starts showing, I can control the soundbar but no sound. 

The soundbar is connected directly to the ARC port and nothing has changed since it was still working. 

I hope this will be fixed soon, otherwise I'll return the TV because this is already getting on my nerves. 

JC377
Student
Options

I just got the same problem now on my Q70. ARC port has always been plugged in directly to my Samsung soundbar and was working fine.

Now is telling me that my audio device is connected to a port that doesn't support ARC and to connect it to HDMi 3.

Anyone knows what else to do?

I have a direct connection no splitters, no additional things just the cable directly to tv Arc and to ARC on soundbar.

JC377
Student
Options

Did you find any solution for this?

I have the same issue with a Q70 it was working fine and nothing was changed or disconnected and now it gives me the message to connect it to HDMI3.

0 Likes
Henke1
First Poster
Options

Hi guys, found this thread after having experienced the exact same issue, and I have a Samsung sound bar (N850) and a Samsung Q95T. I guess they should be compatible.

Did change my setup at all since last summer when I bought the TV. And got the first error message a week ago. First time when I changed Hdmi cable it worked, but since then nothing works, at all. 

0 Likes
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

A u mnie wczoraj gdy włączyłem netflix zadziałało DD5.1 nie wiem co się stało sam nic nie kombinowałem. 

0 Likes
Michal810
Apprentice
Options

Po najnowszej aktualizacji tv znów działa dźwięk DD5.1

0 Likes