Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARC problem

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 09:10 PM)
DanielUK
Student
Options

Hi all. I hope you can help please.

I have just replaced my old Philips 55PUS6401 TV with a new Samsung QE65Q70AATXXU 65 Inch QLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV.

The TV is all set up and working fine on FreeSat, but I have a problem with sound output.

Previously, I used a HDMI ARC port from the TV to my Denon AVR which worked perfectly. With Samsung, I get an error saying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port."

The same cable is in HDMI 3, and in settings on the Samsung TV - in Sound, Expert settings - 'HDMIe-ARC Mode' is Auto, as well as 'Digital Output Adio for...' Auto.

In terms of setup I have a HDMI cable in the TV as mentioned. This then goes to this small box which has an optical audio cable from it which then goes into the optical TV audio port on the AVR: 
HD11-ARC - The Media Factory

I also tried bypassing the above box conveying HDMI to optical audio and followed these instructions: Playing TV Audio Through the AV Receiver

Enabled the above setting. Switched my projector HDMI to MONITOR 2, plugged the HDMI from TV into MONITOR 1 (ARC). Enabled all settings - same error on the TV.

Any ideas!?

Thanks for your help,
Dan

42 REPLIES 42
t3odor
First Poster
Options

Yep, there is odd behaviour that comes and goes. For me it was now 4th time in about 2 years. AVR in port 3 all the time. This time I was able to confirm that TV was showing my AVR name twice in the menu, one for hdmi 3 that didn't find signal and one for hdmi 4 that found signal but then complained about wrong port for ARC device. And there was nothing in hdmi 4 port connected. So, when this occurs it seems the TV has mixed hdmi port numbers. Reboot (long press with the frame logo) does not help, but power cut helped. No doubt its a bug.

BR

Greyhound_ogo
First Poster
Options

I was having the same issue. Google and YouTube led me to a solution that worked for me, which includes doing a complete HDMI refresh and involves powering off your sound bar and TV, unplugging all power chords and removing ALL HDMI cables. Wait 3 to 5 minutes. Start the process again by inserting ONLY the HDMI cable for your sound bar into the correct ARC ports and follow through by powering up the devices. Allow for the systems to recognize each other. Once this is done, proceed to reconnect all other HDMI cables. Almost forgot….ensure your HDMI e-ARC mode is turned on/enabled. My e-ARC settings on my TV are found under the advanced section of the General settings menu. I hope this helps.

Chris Dingman
Student
Options

Same problem here. Does ANYONE from Samsung monitor these threads? Please fix the software. So frustrated. I’ll have to buy another brand of TV in the future if this is not fixed. 

PokerPlayer77
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here. 

How the ***** is this not solved with so many people experiencing this. 

Welly123
Apprentice
Options

Inexplicably my Samsung TV has now intermittently  connected to my Arcam amp using eARC, I still get the annoying "Your audio device is connected to a port that does not support ARC. Please connect your device to the HDMI 3 (ARC) port.". If it fails to connect, about every other time, I disable eARC in the Audio menu, then immediately re-enable and it connects!

I'll never again buy a Samsung piece-of-*****, their TVs are as bad as their phones that have a built-in failure after a few years and their service sucks.

Chris Dingman
Student
Options

UPDATE; with the new software 2401.1 I think this issue may finally be fixed! Or it could be temporary like it has been in the past. We shall see, but so far so good. 

0 Likes
RahOli
First Poster
Options
Have no Idea. Called Samsung and because I'm out of warranty period, they can't help me!!
0 Likes
PeterD86
Apprentice
Options

It seems like the latests firmware 2401 broke the earc functionality of my q90t tv. Suddenly i get these errors stating that my soundbar should be connected to hdmi3, while it is... and i have no sound anymore..

axlb
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problem and it is one of the most annoying bugs I've experienced in my whole life.

I sometimes have no sound at all, sometimes the AVR and TV speaker work simultaneously for a period of time.

And this happens at least every two weeks even with using power cycles and disconnecting everything.

I hope, this gets fixed soon, in this state, this is unacceptable. If the TV wasn't so expensive, I would have changed it by now.

KevinA
Apprentice
Options
Is there any update on this, my Q55 has just decided that I need to connect to HDMI 3 (ARC) after 2 years of working fine with my Yamaha rx-v6a.

Any ideas Samsung??