Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 13-12-2018 10:34 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
DirectorsScarf
Apprentice
Options

Same here on Nu7100 will they fix this ???

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

In short, no. Samsung will just ignore you.

Go see your retailer for a refund.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Agree totally with rowley1 contact retailer.  I bought mine in Greece and was getting nowhere in the end contacted the UK credit card company i purchased with and  refunded under section 75 act.

0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options

Hi All,

Just want to start of by saying Thank you for all your help and advise in getting my refund,all due to this forum and people in it, so Thank you.

I got myself a fantastic TV, and it's night and day compared to the NU7400, I'm a convert to LG now! 

To all the new people coming to this forum for advise, there is no fix, no workaround, it's a manufacturing issue, and Samsung will not, are not able to fix this, no matter what rubbish they come up with..

Go to your retailer, mentioned this forum, and tell them the issue.  You also have the consumer act of 2015 on your side,( I've used this act in my argument with JL)

This is from the act;

Who does the consumer have rights against?

A consumer could have digital content rights against a retailer or a digital service provider, depending on the contract they entered into. For example, if a consumer bought a smart TV from John Lewis which included digital content or the ability to download and watch digital content, if there were problems with the digital content, the consumer’s rights could be against John Lewis or the digital content provider, depending on the contract.

Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, digital content should be of a satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and as described.

My rights have been breached because the digital content you sold me is faulty. I would like you to fix it within a reasonable time.”

Bear in mind your rights under the Consumer Right Act 2015 are:

-the item is faulty when it is sold to you (but that fault may be not become apparent until after it has been used) – this essentially means there is some sort of manufacturing defect with the product as it was not designed or made properly

– it is not as described

– it is not fit for the purpose for which it was sold

Go forth and fight your case, we are all here for help if you need it! 

0 Likes
DirectorsScarf
Apprentice
Options

Hello

Samsung should be contacting us and offering an alternative. It's their  mess.

Not even a statement? Do they look at this forum?

0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options

I'm sure they do, but choose to ignore it.  This issue was first reported two years ago and not a single comment from them.  

0 Likes
DannyC09
Journeyman
Options

I've got to say, this has drastically changed my view of Samsung and I will not be buying a TV from them in the future.

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@DannyC09 wrote:

I've got to say, this has drastically changed my view of Samsung and I will not be buying a TV from them in the future.

Me neither. It's a great shame as I think they are real innovators in product development. Their emerging TV technology that rivals and improves on OLED is impressive, as are their phones. However, this issue leaves a sour taste and they've shown they cannot be trusted if they make a mistake in one of their products. They have no moral sense and no interest in looking after the customer.

0 Likes
billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

Same.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

halster65 Good to read the refunds are flowing our way.

After my refund i bought a Sony Android 55xf9005 as suggested here and on AV forum.

Watched some 8k promo video on YouTube and the detail is amazing.

Couldn't get on with the O.S so now have a Amazon fire stick 4k along with V.P.N.

(rowley1 thanks for the recommendation)

So now one very happy chappy.

0 Likes