Support

Open search

Apps storage space issue

Highlighted
Helping Hand

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

 

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

 

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,749 REPLIES 1,749
Highlighted

Result

 

Just had a message from my Credit Card Company.. They have agreed to reimburse me the full cost of the TV under Section 75 of the credit card agreement.

 

Like Tony47 and rowley1 who have had claims settled i will still be around to help if i can.

Highlighted

Right mate. Go buy a proper telly now

Highlighted

Excellent news! 

Highlighted

@monk2 wrote:

Result

 

Just had a message from my Credit Card Company.. They have agreed to reimburse me the full cost of the TV under Section 75 of the credit card agreement.

 

Like Tony47 and rowley1 who have had claims settled i will still be around to help if i can.


Well done! This is great news, and as far as I can recall you are the first person to get a refund from a credit card company. The rest of us were refunded by the retailer. It just goes to show the excellent level of protection that Section 75 offers if the retailer won't play ball. Congratulations to the other posters who had refunds this week as well.

 

I'm glad you'll stick around, Monk.

Highlighted
First Poster

It looks like I have the same issue posted here, my samsung tv is still showing only 5% free space even after resetting the smart hub in settings and says that it can't update

 

Looking at the posts here, it looks like even adding an external storage device/replacing stuff in the TV wouldn't fix the problem

 

I bought the TV from John Lewis, does anyone have any tips/insight from how they got theirs fixed/replaced/refunded by John Lewis?

 

Thanks

Highlighted

@Person9 wrote:

It looks like I have the same issue posted here, my samsung tv is still showing only 5% free space even after resetting the smart hub in settings and says that it can't update

 

Looking at the posts here, it looks like even adding an external storage device/replacing stuff in the TV wouldn't fix the problem

 

I bought the TV from John Lewis, does anyone have any tips/insight from how they got theirs fixed/replaced/refunded by John Lewis?

 

Thanks


Please read previous posts including rowley1 input into this farce. He bought from J.L. and won big time. as have others Get a drink sit down and read back from here you will get all the information you need.

Highlighted

@Tony47 wrote:

@monk2 wrote:

Result

 

Just had a message from my Credit Card Company.. They have agreed to reimburse me the full cost of the TV under Section 75 of the credit card agreement.

 

Like Tony47 and rowley1 who have had claims settled i will still be around to help if i can.


Well done! This is great news, and as far as I can recall you are the first person to get a refund from a credit card company. The rest of us were refunded by the retailer. It just goes to show the excellent level of protection that Section 75 offers if the retailer won't play ball. Congratulations to the other posters who had refunds this week as well.

 

I'm glad you'll stick around, Monk.


My situation was different to most as in Greece.

Because of the abysmal customer service here and the lack of Trading Standards to complain too i always buy expensive items with my UK credit card. This gives added security with being able to put a claim against the retailer with section 75.

 

Always try to come to an agreement with retailer first. Follow up any phone conversations to retailer with  email high lighting what was discussed. Once my Credit Card company became involved and sent me a ref. No  it was sorted within a couple of days. This was the second time i have involved my C.C. company but the first time they have paid out. Previous time about 4 years ago i bought a Cast Log burner, the retailer wouldn't accept it back because of a fault.  My card company emailed them and he was on the phone the next day asking me to take my card in for refund.

 

Highlighted

@Person9 wrote:

It looks like I have the same issue posted here, my samsung tv is still showing only 5% free space even after resetting the smart hub in settings and says that it can't update

 

Looking at the posts here, it looks like even adding an external storage device/replacing stuff in the TV wouldn't fix the problem

 

I bought the TV from John Lewis, does anyone have any tips/insight from how they got theirs fixed/replaced/refunded by John Lewis?

 

Thanks


Read all my posts from about page 105 onwards.

You will find all the ammo and information you need to get a refund.

I have helped a few that bought from JL here (as I did).

My information tells you exactly what to do in what order.

 

If you need me, I'll always be here. I can also give you my case number and evidence of my refund

 

I gave John Lewis the option for me to sign an NDA to keep quiet on here. They decided not to.

Therefore it's now a quest to get everyone a refund from John Lewis for this abysmal set

Highlighted

@Rowley1 wrote:

Right mate. Go buy a proper telly now


 

Have been looking at LG TVs for a while now as my previous set before the Samsung farce is LG.

LG seem to be offering a decent price here in Greece, you can usually add 20% higher for electrical goods.

I think they must be trying to get a bigger hold on this Samsung dominated country.

So looked at 55" sets  sm8200-sm8050 but found Sm8600 which seems to be a much higher spec for about £650

Yes its apparently last years model  but has a good write up.

Anyone had this model or know about them.

Thank you.

 

 

Highlighted

The sm8600 isnt available from majority of tje retailers here now, but the 8500 is still.

 

Ive been weighing up the 8050 and 8500, and after taking advise from AV forums and doing my own research, ive ive gone and ordered the SM 8500! 

 

Top Liked Authors