Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 13-12-2018 10:34 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

@master11

I had the engineers look at it

They then came back another day to replace the board. They replace it with another nu7xxx board, which doesn't alleviate the problem.

They then took it away to see if it could be repaired by removing apps themselves. They did and phoned me up to tell me. I told them to connect to the internet and they all loaded back on.

They offered me the 'equivalent' set of the tu7100. I had had to buy a firestick just to have apps, of which I wanted to be reimbursed for. Add to that, I wanted compensation for my time.

In all, I got a refund of £599 (price of the tu7100), £50 for the firestick and £80 for 'good will'. In total my refund was £729 which they paid straight to my bank.

The point is, wait until the engineers have finished with your set. Contact JL. Then mention my case. Mention the forum. 

Always state UK consumer law and you are in a 5 year warranty. Don't moan with Samsung. Your retailer is the one left holding the baby

Then go buy the Philips PUS8204 from Currys and have some money left over for a soundbar. You will not be disappointed. I'll even pm you the picture settings to blow the Samsung out of the water

0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options

ive just spoken with the repair company that JL have allocated, they are waiting for the main board to arrive so they can replace it...

Strangely they havnt picked up my tv, maybe theyll carry out the work at home...

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options

When a lighting during a thunderstorm fried my TV along the RJ45 cable (i suggest to use WiFi ), they came and substitute my mobo directly at my home.

0 Likes
master11
Explorer
Options

Just had a call from the repair center (Integrated solutions ltd) saying it has been fixed and they will deliver the TV tomorrow 

i asked if they tested it and they said it's all done. Will have to wait and see

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

Master11

You will get something to sign when they return it. Don't sign until you see it working and with more storage. 

When you have seen it is exactly the same, write on the piece they take away that "the problem is not rectified". Take a picture of that paper on your phone, then sign it and let them go.

Phone JL back up saying it is not rectified. Just by chance, was it Regional Repair Centre from Birmingham? If so, that's who did mine. 

0 Likes
master11
Explorer
Options

Thanks, will do exactly as you mentioned. This is Integrated Solutions Limited, Northampton 

0 Likes
PaulPyro
Journeyman
Options

Well I had a repairman round yesterday who updated the latest sub micom version by USB stick, has freed the drive but still have the same storage.  Let's see as the TV has done me alright so far. 

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Just got back from a 3 hour round trip to our closest town where the engineer Samsung sent has his service.

I have been asking him since he phoned Thursday saying it was unrepairable to copy me the email he sent Samsung

Today he said that information was confidential and couldn't be shared.

The TV was just sat at the back of his repair area, still in one piece untouched, i asked if he had ordered any parts he just shrugged his shoulders.

i had the original box so we boxed it up and i took it to E-Shop the retailer. The driver took it to Athens main repair centre of the store for another inspection. Just had an email from them saying it had arrived.

Despite calling Samsung everyday since Thursday and emailing the CEO i still have had no one call me back.

I know legally the retailer is responsible but morally Samsung should hold the hands up for this mess.

I had hoped if they did it would help everyone.

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

What I dont get is why Samsung, who presumably read there own comunity posts dont accidentally just leak how to get into developer mode so we can delete the bloatware. They can still get their dirty money from Apple, Netfix or Disney or whatever for shipping the TVs with the memory stealing apps. But we the end user get a work around untill they fix things.

0 Likes
Dbuk44
Apprentice
Options

My engineer has confirmed that it is a 'known issue' - apparently after talking to Samsung, and he can't fix it.

Also just realised I paid with JL vouchers. I was after getting a refund and for a Phillips Ambilight- which JL don't stock. Any tips on what to ask them for?

0 Likes