Support

Open search

Apps storage space issue

Highlighted
Apprentice

Hi, I purchased on August/2019.

 

Highlighted
New Member

Just thought I'd add that I'm having the same issue.

I've got a UE43NU7400 that I bought from Amazon UK back in March 19. 
Just installed a new app and it started telling me there's no space to update the rest of the apps. First time this has come up. Said I needed 160mb space and there was about 40mb free.
I had a look and it had 5% space. I deleted a few apps that I don't use, but that was only a couple of mb. Think it went to 8% free.
Checked the firmware and it was on the latest version.

I read up about the developer mode, so I switched that on, deleted the e-manual which was ~90mb and deleted all the other apps I never use. Still wasn't enough space.

Ended up doing a factory reset and logging back in and all the apps are back, but I do have 20% space 166mb.
Auto update is on, and it's not asking me to update anything. Is there a force update? Or does that mean it's all up to date?
However, developer mode won't let me delete the apps anymore. I click Deep Link Test like I did before and delete stays greyed out.
It's crazy that there's that little storage.

Highlighted
Navigator

Welcome to the forum. suggest you contact Amazon.UK explain the problem and advise them Amazon.de (Germany)
Have taken sets back issuing refunds as was stated in previous post.

Please post back to let us know the outcome

Highlighted
Apprentice
Hi, I'm guessing by the amount of Pages, that this is still on going and has not been resolved. I also purchased a UE55NU7021 sometime last year and only noticed now that the internal memory has run out of space! are people getting refunds or am I just stuck with this issue?
Highlighted
Navigator

@PaulPyro wrote:
Hi, I'm guessing by the amount of Pages, that this is still on going and has not been resolved. I also purchased a UE55NU7021 sometime last year and only noticed now that the internal memory has run out of space! are people getting refunds or am I just stuck with this issue?

Samsung are continuing with delaying tactics, please read previous posts.

Some retailers are taking the sets back, Amazon.de being the biggest amongst them so far.

 

Highlighted
Navigator

 

Rowley1. one of this thread's  most vocal and persistent posters has gone quiet.

One week ago he posted the below, since we have heard nothing.

Please let us know the outcome of your engineers vistit.

 

 

My engineer comes in the next couple of hours to install a new board

 

This is my current state from a reset

15906624767941715041914013341787.jpg

 

15906625410847617911618075061906.jpg

 

Highlighted
Apprentice
I've also been chatting to someone at Samsung and been advised that its in development! Guess with me, I have only noticed it over the last few days, but the minute something goes wrong, you want it fixed.
Highlighted
Explorer

donc il y aura une mise à jour qui nous permettra de supprimer les applications ? 

Highlighted
Helping Hand

@monk2 wrote:

 

Rowley1. one of this thread's  most vocal and persistent posters has gone quiet.

One week ago he posted the below, since we have heard nothing.

 

Please let us know the outcome of your engineers vistit.

My engineer comes in the next couple of hours to install a new board

 

This is my current state from a reset


It's weird about @Rowley1. No posts since the one you quoted, yet according to his profile he was online here on Wednesday, so he must have deliberately ignored requests for an update.

 

In any case, we know what would've happened - either the motherboard was changed and made no difference, or the engineers decided not to bother as they knew it was a waste of time. One of those two things happened to everyone who's had a motherboard change.

Highlighted
Apprentice

@fraibean wrote:

donc il y aura une mise à jour qui nous permettra de supprimer les applications ? 



i guess so, but have no idea when this will be.

 

Top Liked Authors