Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 10:42 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Rob22304
Apprentice
Options

The recent firmware update seems to have taken care of my app storage issues.  I’m can add apps and my apps don’t drop randomly from my Home Screen any more.

I did notice that I can’t designate new app storage to the thumb drive any more so I don’t know if the TV is managing all the memory better or just the internal onboard memory.

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

oh really ? 1325.2 , you mean ?

Maykeldss
Student
Options

Any fix for this? 

0 Likes
Rob22304
Apprentice
Options

On my TV it’s under - Settings - Support - Software Update - Update Now

0 Likes
Rob22304
Apprentice
Options

My TV is on v1310

it’s a UN65MU6300

full software version T-KTMAKUC-1310.1, BT-S

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

ah... i see. But this issue, the one of this thread, is for the U7xx0 models, and only them

0 Likes
Rob22304
Apprentice
Options

I had similar issues, that’s how I found this thread.  My TV had little unallocated memory and I couldn’t delete apps among other problems.

0 Likes
Pixelsword
Apprentice
Options

Yep, I can confirm U7470 is on firmware 1325 and the issue remains. 

billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

Any news on this update to fix the issue yet Samsung?! 😂😂😂

Shysters.

0 Likes
discofizz
Explorer
Options

@billyb_834652 wrote:

Any news on this update to fix the issue yet Samsung?! 😂😂😂

Shysters.

Is it really an issue any more? My NU7400 is still working fine - haven't had the error message in over 2 years. All apps are updating fine. 

I still wouldn't buy another Samsung TV in the future though... 

0 Likes