Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 12:50 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
MikeNew
Student
Options

Hi do you have a link and a simple guide to how to do the update?

Thanks

PPer1
First Poster
Options

So this looks to be an official forum from Samsung, but no genuine answer from the brand in this thread.

I just registered to share my issue, the TV that I bought 3 years ago, has no free space left, after the factory reset not even the apps open, contacting Samsung repair center the only option I got is to get a new motherboard.

Please note that the update was OTA automatically, so they don't even need to plan obsolescence, just provide an update and now the TV doesn't have space for even the apps that came with it.

Is there any way to access it via ssh and just delete the trash apps so it can be usable again?

0 Likes
Maykeldss
Student
Options

Ainda sem solução... It's so bad to see!  

0 Likes
R6667
First Poster
Options
Kk
0 Likes
Kellido
Apprentice
Options

You can increase your space by 15% of you clear the apps cache. I have an RU7200. It can be found under the self diagnostics in settings. 

0 Likes
Occbee
Student
Options

I don’t have the deep link test option. I’m in developer mode

0 Likes
Intruder461
Pioneer
Options

I can honestly say that I never experienced any of the issues regarding running out of space on my Samsung UE50NU7400 HDR 4K since I brought it back in 2019. Never once saw a box pop up telling me to free up space and never had a problem with the updates. However, last week the TV started to play up and had lines running down it so I got in touch with John Lewis as it was still under guarantee and the engineers came out and said they will have to replace the screen.

They phoned me on Monday to tell me that they could not fix it and they offered me a Panasonic TX-50JX600B (2022) LED HDR 4K Ultra HD Smart TV which was £349 in their store or they could refund me the £349. I paid £460 for my TV back in 2019 and thought that was a bit cheeky knocking off £110. They said it was because of wear and tear over the years I have had it. So I have sent for a refund and sent for a Samsung Q60A 50 Inch 4K QLED Smart TV from Amazon for £395 and it arriving today.

0 Likes
billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

aaaaaand as we all suspected the 'update fix' that we were all promised never materialised. Shame on Samsung!

mazzinia
Navigator
Options

sadly nothing so surprising

0 Likes
Mike-Callaghan
Journeyman
Options

I finally gave up and bought a Toshiba Fire TV. I donated the Samsung to a church, that doesn't need anything but a large monitor with HDMI.

0 Likes