Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 02-10-2021 10:25 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
ViA1989
First Poster
Options
Hello I know it maybe the issue of the year of my TV but I have model EU65h8000stxxu And have a problem when trying install app as I'm getting msg lack of memory.
Any advice please.
0 Likes
Potatismoose
Journeyman
Options
0 Likes
Members_Jnv0yNV
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have the model UE55MU6125 and I don't have the button mentioned, instead I have a joystick. So, I guess I wont be able to apply this solución. 2021 and a company as huge as samsung has yet find a solution, thats brutal.

PeletBR
First Poster
Options

It's been almost three years since the original post and the issue still happens.

I have a UN49MU6100 with the storage full and none of the solutions presented here worked for me.

Sham on you, Samsung.

billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

I'm sure Samsung will drop their 'update fix' any day now  🤔

0 Likes
AYCEBmike
First Poster
Options

I have the UN55MU6300 model. I have 0kb storage. I have tried the flash reset solution to delete the e-manual. I can't find a power button below the samsung logo - my power button is on the back of the TV in a joystick style. Any idea how to do the flash reset with this model? Or another way to delete the e-manual? I also tried developer mode, which I successfully enabled, but there is no deep-link option and the delete is grayed out.

Thank you

billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

I know this is not ideal but my advice to people this far down the line (without 5 year warranty) would be.

1. Factory reset Samsung TV and don't connect it to the internet.

2. Plug in a Roku Stick or Firestick to consume content.

3. Never, ever buy a Samsung product ever again. They tried to screw every single one of us.

Yes I realise this is not what people want to hear but 99% of warrantys will have expired by now and the firmware fix that Samsung promised is never going to arrive.

Casaron
Explorer
Options

There’s an update on Samsungs site. Haven’t tried it, as to be honest can’t be bothered doing a usb update, and now have internet turned off and use a Firestick. I still get notifications, so thought I’d share for what it’s worth:-

ver 1320.4

1334.14mb

sept 16 2021

good luck

0 Likes
Yande
First Poster
Options

Is there any such buttons under the Logo to assist in a reset for a Samsung UA50MU6100 ?

It is strange that I now have to load my Apps onto a USB, but when I go to read the USB, it registers the device, though states "No Content Found".

0 Likes
Contsi
Explorer
Options

Read what billyb1987 said above. I did this quite a while ago and been advising others to do so.

I don't believe this issue will ever be resolved. It will keep having all kinds of problems if it remains connected to the internet, no matter how much you reset it. Do a total reset, disconnect from internet and connect a steaming device. 

0 Likes