Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 01:54 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@teeveestuff wrote:

@Potatismoose 

I followed your flash reset instructions a few months ago and had success too. All apps are updating and no more error messages. 

It took a couple of attempts to get it do it properly so I guess some people are finding the same and perhaps not making several attempts. But yes, it does indeed work. My NU7400 is working fine after several years of use, though it's been banished to the spare room. I'll never buy another Samsung TV again.  

I'm the OP of this thread and this is excellent news. I was highly sceptical that it would be a permanent solution, which is why I didn't comment before. It's still utterly ridiculous that there's so little storage, but if the OS can be updated and main apps used, that's acceptable. I agree with your policy on Samsung TVs though. 

Nathan S
First Poster
Options

This firmware update worked for me. 

after apply I had over 200mb free  

0 Likes
Mikmac1
Apprentice
Options

Has anybody checked this download it links to an unsecure IP address? Where does it originate from? 

0 Likes
DjyZzZz
Journeyman
Options

Don't f'k'ng go to that link !

MamaSleepy
First Poster
Options

Mike- I was able to go into Developer Mode, turn TV off, turn TV back on, and navigate to the upper right corner where I clicked on the settings gear icon. This opened a new screen titled "Settings" which displayed the apps currently installed on my TV. The apps were arranged side-by-side horizontally.  

The only apps available to delete were the three I installed quite some time ago. The remaining apps' Delete option was grayed out, meaning they were unavailable to select and remove from the TV. 

Could you offer any action suggestions? Thanks 

0 Likes
RyeRye1981
First Poster
Options

I’m having this issue. I’ve reset to factory settings but still immediately have zero space to add any app’s at all. Not one app! I have no idea what is going on here. Samsung keeps giving me the run around making me reset and try again with no visible solution in sight. I’m so aggravated. 

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

@RyeRye1981 wrote:

I’m having this issue. I’ve reset to factory settings but still immediately have zero space to add any app’s at all. Not one app! I have no idea what is going on here. Samsung keeps giving me the run around making me reset and try again with no visible solution in sight. I’m so aggravated. 

Samsung don't care. It's an obsolete model. Do a flash reset as detailed earlier in the thread - it worked for me and continues to do so or just buy an Amazon 4K Firestick and use the apps on it instead. And don't ever buy a Samsung TV again - that's what I've done. 

0 Likes
MammothLakes
First Poster
Options

How do you do a flash reset? I don't see any button behind my tv or behind the logo at the bottom.

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

@MammothLakes wrote:

How do you do a flash reset? I don't see any button behind my tv or behind the logo at the bottom.

FLASH RESET INSTRUCTIONS:

Under the Samsung logo on the TV you have a small black button about 2-3cm in from the bottom edge. It might not look like a button but it is there, and has a power button symbol on it. With the tv turned on, do the following:

1. press the button at the logo for 5-10 seconds

2. Release the button

3. press the power button on the TV Remote for 5-10 seconds. Tv goes black and then restarts after a while. This is the flash reset and made my tv go from 80mb free storage to 240mb free storage. Still crazy that there isn’t more available space when storage units is cheap as hell... but anyway, that worked for me.

(NB this sets everything back to factory settings, so all the logins will have to be re-entered).

Mike-Callaghan
Journeyman
Options

This is the same situation I'm in. Developer Mode but no Deep Link option.