Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 17-07-2021 08:51 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Weeitsmikelee
Student
Options

So to follow up- I did the developer mode and tried uninstalling whatever apps I had. The pre-installed apps still remained but somehow I was able to free up space and update HBOMax. I think I deleted "TV Plus" although it still appeared on my shortcut screen and maybe that gave me the extra space? 

Good luck

0 Likes
MammothLakes
First Poster
Options

Thanks, it's it difficult to get into developer mode? How did you do it?

0 Likes
Potatismoose
Journeyman
Options

Have you tried the flash reset? It worked for me, and still works after 8 month. I wrote about this on page 178 in this thread and how I did it.

MammothLakes
First Poster
Options

I don't have a button under the logo. I have the 65NU. Maybe it's on the back of the TV. Definitely going to be a pain to pull it off the wall to find out.

0 Likes
Potatismoose
Journeyman
Options

It should be there (under as in under the tv, not under the logo on the front side).  If you dont find it, call samsung support and they can tell/guide you where it is.

0 Likes
DjyZzZz
Journeyman
Options

@MammothLakes wrote:

I don't have a button under the logo. I have the 65NU. Maybe it's on the back of the TV. Definitely going to be a pain to pull it off the wall to find out.

Just look clother, you have it

0 Likes
Floydamf
First Poster
Options

Alright so I know it’s been years since anyone has commented or probably researched this issue. You have to reset the hub. Settings > support > reset hub. You will have to re-log into everything!!! After that if an app needs updated in the future unfortunately, the only option is to reset the hun again. Externals storage sounds like a good idea, but u til the give you the ability to move pre-loaded apps it won’t resolve the issue. 

0 Likes
Potatismoose
Journeyman
Options

Well, that’s not correct. At least not in my case. After a flash reset (see my post on page 178), I’ve been able to update apps, download and use the tv normaly.

0 Likes
NU7400
Apprentice
Options

The quick work around is to delete the eManual. This is free up about 180 Mb of space to update the apps. 

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

@Potatismoose 

I followed your flash reset instructions a few months ago and had success too. All apps are updating and no more error messages. 

It took a couple of attempts to get it do it properly so I guess some people are finding the same and perhaps not making several attempts. But yes, it does indeed work. My NU7400 is working fine after several years of use, though it's been banished to the spare room. I'll never buy another Samsung TV again.  

0 Likes