Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 09:43 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Fabianeloz
Student
Options

We need to blast samsung on all social media accounts. Instagram, Facebook etc. Tag them share complain.

0 Likes
Fabianeloz
Student
Options

We all need to post, share and blast samsung on Instagram, Facebook social media. Get their attention, this is ridiculous. We spend our hard earned money on their products. They make money on our data and pre installed garbage.

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

@Fabianeloz   

Pointless. This has been going on for years & Samsung don’t care. It’s not a big enough issue to generate any traction anyhow. Don’t waste your time. 

0 Likes
MammothLakes
First Poster
Options

This is the exact same problem I have. Reset, deleted my apps and then reinstalled Netflix, Hulu, Disney, and Prime and that ate all the space. No I don't have the room for HBO Max. My storage is 0%. The first customer service guy said, the problem sounded "weird" and he never heard of it. I asked for a manager and he said he definitely heard of it that this is nothing I can do to fix it. Adding an external hard drive won't work because apps can't be hosted on those. Nor can I move the 10 shitty apps that came pre-downloaded that  I never use. He said they're working on a fix for this even though it's clear they are not. Frankly I think we're all screwed by a design flaw. The only work around for my situation (no HBO MAX) is to plug a Firestick or Chromecast in and watch through there. We'll see.

Oh, and now that I did all this my TV randomly turns on whenever it wants.

0 Likes
Fabianeloz
Student
Options

Its worth a try. Apes strong together

0 Likes
Fabianeloz
Student
Options

We all need to post, share and blast samsung on Instagram, Facebook social media. Get their attention, this is ridiculous. We spend our hard earned money on their products. They make money on our data and pre installed garbage.

0 Likes
billyb_834652
Explorer
Options

Shameful company.

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

@billyb_834652 wrote:

Shameful company.

I agree. Samsung have buried their heads in the sand for years now about this issue, but I really don't see them doing anything now. The NU series 7 range was from 2018 and is seen as obsolete in their eyes. 

All you can really do is take it up with the retailer you bought the TV from, or get in touch with your country's trading standards body. 

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

It's not just one model though is it. Brand new 1500pound The Frames have the same rubbish and Samsung don't care. They are busy selling access to you to anyone who wants an app hosted. 

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Mitrekab wrote:

It's not just one model though is it. Brand new 1500pound The Frames have the same rubbish and Samsung don't care. They are busy selling access to you to anyone who wants an app hosted. 

I thought it was just the 2018 NU series that had the issue. The Frame series is top of the line. Does the issue affect the current models?

0 Likes