Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 20-04-2021 07:42 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

The memory is eastern again as soon as you use ambient, sands shifting clocks etc. Have 1% memory left down from 10% note samsung pushed another load of apps out too. TICKtoc Google and Now! 

0 Likes
storpey
Explorer
Options

Quick update from me, and my UE50NU7400 with the same problem:

Finally, after nearly a year of back and forth with John Lewis Technical Support, I'm being issued a full refund. Whereas the Tech Support told me there was nothing more they could do and I was out of options, I escalated the case into a complaint to the Head of Customer Services (email is on their website). I politely laid out the case, informed them there were two other cases of their customers receiving refunds for the same TV, and that I expected it all to be resolved. Instead of yet more months of slow communication and not being listened to, I was contacted within 24 hours, and they immediately agreed to collect the TV and issue the refund then and there.

I'm elated that it's finally over, and vindicated that this ridiculous problem has been acknowledged. I really hope that John Lewis can begin to hammer Samsung over this pathetic issue that renders an otherwise decent TV useless. It's not John Lewis's fault, but sadly the law states they're responsible.

Feel free to DM me if you're in a similar situation with John Lewis and an NU7400 with the memory problem (I can't really speak to any other situation), and I'd be glad to let you know more about my experience.

And special thanks to the many people on this thread who have stuck around helping me and others: Tony47, Rowley1, monk2 and NU7400. You're brilliant.

Reverante
Apprentice
Options

Tried to message you direct. I've similar issue with the TV and JL. What ££ do they refund? Or offer an alternative etc.. if finally get through to them as its just an annoyance more than wanting to be out of pocket. Be like buying a car (smart TV) and having to use a bus (FireStick)

0 Likes
artexc
First Poster
Options

Hi storpey, i have been trying to get a refund from jl, they keep saying that they will deduct the months that i have used the tv. And even they are deducting from the moment they accepted the issue which was 13 months after i first reported it. Would it be possible for you to send me what you have written to them before getting a refund?

Kind regards

0 Likes
storpey
Explorer
Options

@Reverante Sorry you couldn't get through. I guess Samsung's message boards are like their TVs... not well thought out!

I requested a full refund of the purchase price, and that's what they gave me. They didn't offer an alternative, presumably because I had already explained everything else, and that those options don't work (external USB), and are unacceptable (Firestick).

0 Likes
storpey
Explorer
Options

@artexc I've DM'd you :smiling-face:

0 Likes
artexc
First Poster
Options

You are amazing!

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@storpey Hi, I'm very pleased you got a good result in the end. It's just a shame it took so long and I'm very disappointed in John Lewis for their attitude to this issue. They are very well aware of it, given that they started issuing refunds to me and others in 2019! They have no excuse for their delaying tactics, so if anyone is still struggling with JL I would urge you to keep going as you'll get there in the end. 

0 Likes
markdbell
First Poster
Options

MU630: I have been trying to delete pre-installed/default apps for days without any luck. I've tryed numerous youtube videos. We have at most 4 installed apps with the remaining being preinstalled/default apps. I've deleted most of our installed apps when we were having a memory issue (i.e., could not use the volume button), but our memory stands at 1%. Our installed apps were not the problem, since they do not take up too much space; however, the pre-installed/default apps use over 90% or more available memory. Questions to the community: (1) Can I add more memory, such as a USB drive, and if so, will the default apps load on the USB? (2) Has anyone figured out how to access Developer Mode that permits pre-installed/default app removal (i.e., I can get into Developer Mode, but it does not allow me to delete these apps)? and (3) Does anyone know how to access the "Secret Menu" using the remote that does not have a numerical key pad?

Thanks in advance for any suggests,

markdbell

0 Likes
DjyZzZz
Journeyman
Options

Sorry I am not fluent in English,  when the menu open when you do the trick on your remote, you select dev mode On, you apply, then a message tells you that your TV had to reboot ? Then after Only you are in dev mode. Then you will be able to uninstall correctly. But yes after next reboot the apps auto install, so you need to disable auto update. But after that it's OK. 

0 Likes