Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 03:41 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
phneutro
Apprentice
Options

aqui la solucion, por fin la escontre. conbinando varios metodos funciona en la version 1300 con develop mode,,espero que os ayude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRpXi9GXkEM

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Okay it looks like this issue is stalling now, been a week since last post so thought i would ask.

Has everyone who has read or commented on the problems with lack of internal memory on these sets had a satisfactory outcome?

I was refunded the full amount by my UK credit card under a section 75 claim. I am outside the UK so had no help as trading standards do not exist where i am.

0 Likes
LR6
First Poster
Options

Hi

After my last post I have contacted PayPal through a form on their website to request a S75 claim, but have heard nothing back. Does anyone know of an email address we should be directing these queries to instead?

0 Likes
storpey
Explorer
Options

I'm awaiting a call back from John Lewis in the UK. They've promised to call within 48 hours (that was 72 hours ago, nice).

They sent an engineer twice; once to check the problem, and once to 'fix' the problem. The 'fix' was the old flash reset thingy where they hold the button on the front of the TV along with the button on the remote at the same time for 5 sec and it flashes the memory or something. It enabled him to delete the e-manual (which has since returned, undeletable) and I am now updated to 1300 firmware version. But as I pointed out to him, the free space plummeted and is at critical levels again. Hopefully he doesn't tell them the problem is fixed, as that's going to inform their decision when they get in touch. I will contact John Lewis yet again tomorrow if I haven't heard anything, and will update here.

On a side note, I've been using John Lewis WhatsApp support as I can't sit on hold waiting for advisors on the phone for hours at a time (my job doesn't allow it). It's been a real lifesaver in being able to contact them quickly, and I've got everything in writing. It does mean my complaints and persistence has less impact and it takes longer to get to the right person, but swings and roundabouts eh!

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you for the update. No idea about PayPal but you would have set up a credit card with them for payment. So maybe contact credit card company direct.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Read Rowley1 comments he bought from John Lewis and got a full refund and more.

He has helped many people  keep plugging away they have always refunded in full despite first refusals.

0 Likes
storpey
Explorer
Options

Oh yes, I'm well aware of Rowley - he's a legend around these parts. I've been using his case to further my own against John Lewis - why should they treat one customer differently from another? I await their answer still... they never phone back despite repeated promises.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Another week gone by without any comment. Sincerely hope all the people on here have finally been given refunds. 

All the best.

0 Likes
LR6
First Poster
Options

Well to update looks like PayPal will only accept a claim by post...

We have received your claim under section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. 

As you may know, this section of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 makes us, as the credit issuer, jointly and severally liable for breach of contract by the merchant.  In order for us to review your request, we need some additional information to understand whether the purchase was eligible and to establish the basis of your claim. 

To help support your claim, could you please provide us with:

• A copy of the receipt, invoice, proof of purchase or similar document.

• A written summary of the purchase, including the merchant’s name, how the product was described, the date of your transaction, date of delivery and any other information that may be helpful.

• A copy of the merchant’s terms and conditions, and a clear statement highlighting which term of this agreement you believe they breached.

• A written summary of the claim, setting out what has happened and the amount you are seeking as compensation.

• We would also welcome any other supporting evidence you may have, such as photos of damaged goods that may help us better understand the merits of your claim.

These can be provided to us by posting them to PayPal Credit Customer Services, PO Box 10359, 51 Saffron Road, Wigston, LE18 9FE, UK.

If you’d like to discuss your account or this letter, please call us at 0800 368 7155.  We are open Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Saturday, and Sunday, from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. 

Thank you for being a PayPal Credit customer. 

0 Likes
markusss
Explorer
Options

Now the TV installed Disney+ even it had only 70mb free space. Even the TV says it can't update apps, it can install more bloatware?!

There is too many apps which users doesn't need, and they can't uninstall these. 

Also, even I'm using a memory stick I can't move apps from internal to external memory.

I'm (still) disappointed. TV is already a year old so I can't return it. 

0 Likes