Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 22-08-2020 12:28 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
halster65
Pioneer
Options

Hi, if your using a cable box then that option is greyed out, you have to be on free view/freesat channels, for the option to check the firmware.

0 Likes
storpey
Explorer
Options

Thanks for the reply! Interesting. *EDIT* I see what you mean. When I change source, it's fine!

At least it's not Samsung deliberately disabling updates for firmware. That would have been bad.

0 Likes
DirectorsScarf
Apprentice
Options

Hello

As there are many more people on here more learned on the Samsung NU7100 than me please may I ask a slightly off topic question?

Does anybody know how or if you can adjust the optical out volume?

In built apps are much lower in volume than devices connected via HDMI.

Is it even possible? As I see no direct way to adjust it like on all my previous sets from others.

Yours sincerely

Chris 

0 Likes
Bart8778
Apprentice
Options

I have had a breakthrough in the Netherlands.

As I wrote 4 weeks ago, I had a UE43NU7450 with not much more than 1Gb of memory.  There where updates, but I was not able to install them. 

The tv went for repair to Coolblue / Samsung (Servilux) and came back with a broken corner / bezel. But the update problem was not fixed at all. As expected as written on this thread.

Eventually Coolblue admitted that this problem was not possible to fix, so after some weeks they offered me my money back, or an exchange with another newer tv. The Samsung was 1,5 year in use.

I accepted the exchange and chose a Philips 43PUS8505.

It arrived this morning and I am happy with it.

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Congratulations on your replacement TV and thank you for letting us know.

rowley1 on this site also chose a Philips to replace his Samsung and is delighted with it,

0 Likes
Ne0nfuel
Apprentice
Options

Just to update, Richer sounds nominated repair agent arrived today to replace the main board (Really nice guy). To my surprise, there is a revised board. However it sadly doesn't resolve the issue. So back to Richer sounds in the morning.

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

Revised board ? intriguing ( even if no improvements )

Meanwhile my 7192 got the bump to 1300.4 and the colors got a bit better

Ne0nfuel
Apprentice
Options

FINAL UPDATE. Richer sounds agreed replacement of my NU7400. Discussed several options, and finally settled on a swap for an on display 2019 55" Q70R QLED 4K. Can't fault Richer sounds service. Very happy with my replacement tv.

LR6
First Poster
Options

Just found this post, glad I'm not the only one with this issue!

Have had a few support sessions with Samsung, all have concluded in a few resets with the techs assurance that the problem is fixed. Of course it return after a short time. Luckily I bought it from Crampton & Moore....

C&M are not interested, it is out of warranty so unless Samsung provide an uplift number nothing will happen. Purchased through eBay using PayPal Credit, does this mean Section 75 applies? Is it worth raising a regular PayPal dispute or just straight to S75?

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

C&M have one of the worst track records on here for resolving this issue even during the warranty period, so it's not surprising that they weren't interested in helping you. PayPal Credit is a bit of a grey area but the reply to that very question on the link below states that Section 75 does apply, so hopefully you're covered:

https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Credit/PayPal-credit-and-section-75-question/td-p/2018311

If your TV is out of warranty it's probably too late to raise a PayPal dispute, so S75 is your best bet.

0 Likes