Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 10:31 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Casaron
Explorer
Options

It’s a real shame that the latest update doesn’t at least give us the option to delete the e-manual and other pre installed apps. I know it’s not a solution, but it would have helped. It just demonstrates the contempt that Samsung has for their customers. Well, two can play at that game - I won’t be buying another tv from them that’s for sure.

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options

Emanual can be deleted for true. I have 23 percent free now

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Rowley1

sent P.M.

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

I will keep copying and pasting this message for new members, periodically.

The NU7XXX series has a very small amount of storage, that doesn't represent itself to a smart TV by definition. Thus, you are by right covered by consumer law for a full refund, regardless of the TV's age.

Do not waste your time contacting Samsung. They will give you an excuse that someone will return your call. 100% of customers have never received this call back.

Under consumer law, your retailer is your point if call. Ring them up and they will go through their own protocols of sending an engineer.

Your retailer may ask the engineer to take your TV. Please let them. If you refuse, you are risking your chance of a refund.

The engineers may replace the board. 100% of customers have noticed no change to the amount of storage increased. At this point call your retailer and state that the problem still occurs.

Without physically adding storage, via chips on the board, the problem will still occur. They cannot do this, so the engineers will deem the site 'beyond economical repair '. Only at this point will your retailer offer you a full refund.

Following the steps is frustrating and tedious. But the end result is always the same

With @Tony47 's original help, I have helped countless people now, in getting refunds for this sub-standard set. And I will continue to do so.

In short.

Contact your retailer

Let the engineers do their work

Contact your retailer and get a full refund and get a better TV for  less money

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

Thanks @Rowley1 , excellent work as usual. I will also continue to chip in when I can. 

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Yes good work rowley1 and Tony47. I'll also still be here.

It's  a matter of the little guy being heard and not being out of pocket because of the penny pinching of a giant company. 

Remember if anyone buying from outside the UK for a  home abroad and purchased with a UK credit. If you have difficulties with retailer contact you credit card company and ask for a section 75 intervention. I did and received the full cost of the set from card company.

0 Likes
BrianDuffy
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20200815-104338_Amazon Shopping.jpg

 Amazons response when I mentioned this to them 

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

That customer service drone clearly doesn't understand consumer law. Also, Amazon have refunded customers before over this issue.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Correct Tony47.

Both Amazon UK and Amazon.de (Germany) Have refunded.

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options
survey at https://forms.gle/n4gafsJG9Gtzsigb9survey at https://forms.gle/n4gafsJG9Gtzsigb9

Help us understand the problems you are experiencing with your #Samsung #smarttv by filling out the short survey at https://forms.gle/n4gafsJG9Gtzsigb9. #FixOurSamsung

0 Likes