Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 11-08-2020 11:44 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Members_qhLD4tx
First Poster
Options

Bit late to the party on this one....

Just popped a spare 16gb USB into my TV and proceeded to install apps untill I was using the USB for storage (your TV will ask)

I now no longer see the error about internal memory not having enough space to auto update apps.

0 Likes
DirectorsScarf
Apprentice
Options

Hello

When I plug in a pen drive it doesn't give me the option what to use the storage for, only if I want to view the files on it (even if it's empty).

Or do you have to format it in some way? Mines a NU7100.

Chris 

0 Likes
DannyC09
Journeyman
Options

Funny...didn't work for me.  More importantly,  we shouldn't have to do this in the first place.

marcolan
Journeyman
Options

In my NU7170 you can use external USB only if internal storage is too full to contain app you want to install.

So I installed 5 or 6 random apps and then installed my 2 personal apps in usb key. So I uninstalled those 5 or 6 random apps.

I am not sure the 2 usb are equivalent, so you can try other input.

You can also try to get refunded as other customers have choosed to do.

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options

Why do you need vpn with firestick, if i can ask? 

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

You can, with some faffing, add a usb. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

A bit like some can delete the e-manual and some cannot.

The only problem in filling your TV storage is that you then have no room for updates. Critical updates for a tizen OS that is full of holes and easy to hack into.

Your choice. Especially if you have Amazon prime on there

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

Sent you a PM

0 Likes
Casaron
Explorer
Options

I see there is an os update dated today on the Samsung website version 1300.4.

i don’t have the patience, but would be interested in hearing if any brave soul wants to risk further disappointment in installing it. I can’t be ars*d setting everything up again (for nothing??)

I didn’t install the last update for the same reason.

Cheers

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

They can't do anything unless they physically add more storage, via changing the board with higher capacity flash chips. Which they won't do

0 Likes
teeveestuff
Pioneer
Options

I just installed the new firmware 1300.4 and guess what...

... you're not going to believe this....

... but...

... IT DOESN'T DO ANYTHING!!

Surprise surprise. No obvious changes (as per most firmware updates) and it's still saying the automatic update cannot be completed and now needs 169.66MB of internal memory. This is even with an empty 128Gb USB stick attached. Same old story. 

I'll be seeking my refund from John Lewis when I can be bothered. I replaced my NU7400 last year when the problem first arose and banished it to the spare room so I'm not in any rush. 

0 Likes