Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 30-07-2020 04:40 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Pleased to see thread working if still glitchy.  As some of you are following my exploits with my Sony on AV forum I'll update you  and well a mixed bag if I'm honest. The picture quality is outstanding but the O.S is dire. First time with Android TV and i thought it would be easy!! Followed setting to change DNS  to use proxy for UK and it just wont work. Done this with Samsung and LG no problem many times. So perhaps someone can help me with a question?

To by pass the Sony thinking of getting a Amazon fire 4k stick from UK

Can the DNS setting be changed for use with DNS proxy server. IF not how about with a VPN.

Remember rowley1 talking about owning one of these.

Still checking the site regularly.

Thanks

0 Likes
Bart8778
Apprentice
Options

I've read almost all the pages, and conclude that it is shocking that samsung is ignoring this problem for such a long time!

I am in contact with my dutch reseller CoolBlue to get a solution. In a long mail exchange they acknowledge that this kind of problem should not happen with such a 'young' smart tv.

My tv was picked up for repair and came back without a fix and with a broken frame. Now they try to solve the problem via Samsung and they repair partner in The Netherlands Servilux. I do not have high hopes that this will solve anything. apart from the fix of the broken frame.

edit: I was asked to do a total reset (again). Immidiatly all the apps reinstall, like apple tv, apple music and pathe, etc. But now there is 280mb storage free. I assume this will disappear soon, isn't it? Or has Samsung fix something in their update?

edit: I had not activated my samsung account in samsung hub. Now I did, and now there is 180Mb left. That's fast.

0 Likes
AkabusiMBE
First Poster
Options

Same issue for me. I have a TV  that's only 2 years old, but is unable to install any apps. I have only ever installed one, but that's one too many. 

0 Likes
sebastian_tapia
First Poster
Options

I have the same error, has anyone found a solution? also my screen goes black sometimes when using netflix or youtube.

0 Likes
Bart8778
Apprentice
Options

what memory is reported in apps? Used and free?

As far as I know, for tv's with this memory issue, there is no solution, other then Samsung deleting the stock apps, or make it possible for users to delete unused apps. And that will not happen, because Samsung got paid for the installation of these apps.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Please add model number country located and retailer to posts.

Thanks

0 Likes
DannyC09
Journeyman
Options

Good news!

John Lewis have been in touch following my email to the Customer Complaints Team.

Given the information I provided- including the fact that there is a growing community of people having this same issue - they immediately agreed to offer refund or a replacement. 

It certainly seems that JL are now doing the right thing.

Thanks to everyone for their support on this.

ChrisBrown
First Poster
Options

I know this is a long running issue and I’ve actually checked this post a few times - so much that I actually signed up just to post a reply. 

It won’t work for everyone, but I contacted Samsung support over a different issue with my tv behaving weirdly- I mentioned this problem in the chat and they do have a fix for it - my tv was a 55 inch 2018 NU7400 and during the remote support session they cleared out some space for me to update, I ended up with 200MB of free space which was enough to get rid of this annoying pop up. 

0 Likes
DannyC09
Journeyman
Options

I'm currently stuck between the LG 48SM8050 and the Philips 50PUS7805 as a replacement.  Any thoughts?

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

When a technician asks you to reset your Samsung TV to make more memory available send them to https://youtu.be/gSCM7GoGXZA. The problem is not you but Samsung's Corporate Greed.

0 Likes