Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 11:36 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
markusss
Explorer
Options

So, I contacted to Samsung local support and they made a factory reset with remote control. Before this I did too, but this was different one, which normal users could not access.

Before the support factory reset I had 105Mb and after 132Mb. But still, it's not enough.

The most of apps are trash which I never use. And because of this my TV can't receive updates.

The support said I should buy an external SSD or stick, which would be a storage for the apps. I take this as a joke.

Edit: 1600th message! Could Samsung send me a stick or external SSD as a reward (joke)?

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Well its took 3 days of trawling websites that don't seem to be updated to finally say i have ordered a new TV.

rowley1 has his Philips that after much calling to Philips Greece was unavailable here.

hastley65 has his LG.

For me i have ordered the Sony 55xf9005. £680 with 5years full warranty and 36months @ 0% interest.

Of course i will be using my UK credit card to make the purchase. If the O.S. becomes a problem i'll get a fire stick. Posters on avforum suggest the upgrade to 8 has sorted most of the issues. So the three of us all different manufactures and not one Samsung.

So one happy bunny!!.

Will still keep involved with this as i think how people are being treated is disgusting.

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options

Firestick is a solution also if we keep our tvs :face-with-tears-of-joy:

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@marcolan wrote:

The downside is that it wouldn't address the issue of the Tizen operating system not being able to update due to the lack of space.

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options
..... add to the fact that a £50 firestick has 16gb of storage and an £800 TV has less than 1gb
0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options
Yeh well, a firestick or an android box is a solution but... why do we have to pay ourselves for it ?
If the solution is this ( and the miraculous usb memory stick ), shouldn't we be entitled to get them for free ?

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@marcolan wrote:

The Sony i am buying has been discounted since its release by around a thousand pounds.

Its picture clarity is the buying point for me. The Android isn't the slickest and i am aware of that and it is operational.

LG has won awards for its  O.S. It isn't a fatal flaw with the set as is the lack of memory of the Samsung 7000 series.

The Firestick is purely a personal choice, not an operational necessity.. which i may or may not use in the future.

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

@mazzinia wrote:
Yeh well, a firestick or an android box is a solution but... why do we have to pay ourselves for it ?
If the solution is this ( and the miraculous usb memory stick ), shouldn't we be entitled to get them for free ?

If they disclosed the storage on the specs in the first place, you would never have bought it.

Just get rid of it and get your refund. While we all thought that the Samsung had an incredible picture, it now seems it's not the case. The Sony and the Philips are better pictures.

It just seemed that if Samsung shouted the loudest, people would buy their TVs.

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options
sigh, was replying then somehow the back button got hit... lost all
In short I would get a refund even now, but the "user" of the tv set has that room as primary and main room and no way that will accept to be left without a tv there for any relatively extended period of time.

Bottom line I would need to have a situation where I can go to the retailer ( Bennet ) and get immediately the refund + at the same time have a good offer for something alternative ( costing at most 30e more than this ) that can fit in the space / on the table.
I somehow don't think the retailer will be open for this and it would result in extended times without a tv in the kitchen
0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options
You will not get anywhere without contacting the retailer first about the problem.
You are right and you want a refund

On the TV size, see what your retailer is selling. Then Google that TVs specifications. You will find the dimensions of the TV, including stand size
0 Likes