Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 01:54 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

No response from Credit Card yet. Spoke to retailer again yesterday promised to ring back and haven't.

Also spoke to Samsung head office Greece they said the same but again heard nothing and they still have my TV.

Into the 5th month of trying to get this sorted.

Rowley1 have P.M. you with a request if you can help i would be most grateful.

0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options

Been chasing JL for that letter, still no word. Apprantly its in the email queue to be sent...and my complaint I sent last week, is yet to be answered aswell.  Cant move without the emails.  Ill chase again at end of the week.  

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Had a phone call from my retailer in Greece saying he has spoken to Samsung.

They say < it is not a fault, the technical specification limits of the set have been reached.> So in less than 1 years with no Apps added of my own only the ones forced by Samsung plus its own updates the TV can't manage any more.

Samsung are going to ring me with information how to add Apps to an external hard drive. My set still with Samsung Athens.

After 5 months since the message first appeared i am no further forward.

Sent section 75 dispute notice to card company but with Virus problems this will take a while

Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

Halster, stay calm. I would personally call John Lewis every day. Be calm and nice on the phone. If it hasn't been sent, or no updates, thank them for the information and you will ring the next day.

Consistent but not annoying.

If it hasn't arrived by Friday, inform the CS rep that if it isn't there by Monday it would appear that John Lewis is stalling and the OFT will be contacted to escalate your case, because of obstruction.

Monk, sent a PM

halster65
Pioneer
Options
Hi Rowley,

The email has just thru now. As they said previously, there maintaining its a hardware fault and,and referring me to samsung to resolve.
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Rowley1

Thanks for the P.M. In Greece as stated before consumer law is much the same as UK. The big difference is no Trading Standards to enforce the law. Greece does have an arbitration website but they have no powers other than to recommend a course of action. I know people who have used this before,  they just ask the company to do something, they say No and then we are told well we tried. 

I will contact them and then i can inform my Credit Card Company i have tried an independent means to settle the dispute.

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

The buck stops with the retailer. If the email says that they will not do anything further, contact OFT.

The retailer has to sort this out with Samsung, not you. OFT will tell you this.

JL doesn't offer any other resolution? Just contact Samsung?

Monk

They have your set. They aren't doing anything about it. Keep contacting your credit card company. No paperwork. No contact. Can be classed as theft

0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options
Yep, nothing else. No fault, as TV works as intended they state! They didnt even say what i should do if i wanted to take this further. Just that if there was a future hardware problem, then contact them again. They've simply just ignored my consumer rights!

I've already sent them a complaint letter, but will have to wait for their reply, and then take it from there.
0 Likes
halster65
Pioneer
Options
Wow, things are moving quick today, have now received a response to my complaint from the customer Relation Manager, who will take this case on and come to amicable resolution. Lets hope!
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Had a call from my retailer this afternoon. Only just twigged that previous contact has been going through a call center.

The guy said the Samsung approved repairer says i have to many Apps downloaded on my set, made him aware none of the Apps have been downloaded by me but forced by Samsung. Also told him my TV location is set for UK not Greece so its British Apps downloaded .

He didn't seem happy with this but i said the ability to change location is within the setting, so if back in UK the memory would still be full. Asked him if i could have all Apps removed with only me adding the ones i wanted.

Also mentioned we were being urged by Samsung to Add Apps to external USB, he agreed this is a none starter.

Says he will call me back Monday with update.

All ready filled in Section 75 dispute with Card Company on-line.  As with everything else now unable to talk to my bank recorded message says it could take 45 days to resolve. Might have it sorted here myself with a bit of luck.

0 Likes