Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 28-06-2020 05:35 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

To all in the UK.

1. If you are not happy with your TV because of storage capacity, contact your retailer.

2. Let the engineers do whatever they like to appease your retailer.

3. Under consumer law, your TV is described as a smart TV. It is not fit for purpose, no matter what an engineer does they cannot physically add more storage. Contact your retailer for a refund

4. Everyone on this forum has tried every single way to rectify this. USB, firestick, hard drive, delete apps. None of them work. Contact your retailer for a refund.

5. If you can't update apps because of low storage, your TV is a security risk on your home network. Contact your retailer for a refund

I had my set for 15 months and got a refund through John Lewis. All UK retailers have to follow the same law.

In Europe it is similar, but may vary from country to country

Contact your retailer and not Samsung

bassj18
First Poster
Options

same thing happen to me so . try add usb and move app around and still same so message people i got it from last year and see what happens !

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@Rowley1 wrote:

To all in the UK.

1. If you are not happy with your TV because of storage capacity, contact your retailer.

2. Let the engineers do whatever they like to appease your retailer.

3. Under consumer law, your TV is described as a smart TV. It is not fit for purpose, no matter what an engineer does they cannot physically add more storage. Contact your retailer for a refund

4. Everyone on this forum has tried every single way to rectify this. USB, firestick, hard drive, delete apps. None of them work. Contact your retailer for a refund.

5. If you can't update apps because of low storage, your TV is a security risk on your home network. Contact your retailer for a refund

I had my set for 15 months and got a refund through John Lewis. All UK retailers have to follow the same law.

In Europe it is similar, but may vary from country to country

Contact your retailer and not Samsung

Simon.

Thanks you for still pushing this..

My set has been with retailer E-shop in Greece since Wednesday, phoned them  Friday no update yet.

Made them aware of all the complaints and various remedies Samsung have tried to come up with and failed.

Not going with another Samsung, looked at LG which is what i had previous to this set had it 10 years still going well!! That was a 32" so our upgrade to a 55" was a leap. TVs more expensive than UK prices and less choice.

Been reading about the Hisense 55" ULED mostly good reviews, anyone tried one of these?

halster65
Pioneer
Options
Ive been looking at tvs all week, LG, Philip's, and Hisense. been reading AV Forum about the Uled hisense,. Reviews certainly sound great, theres a in depth review on YouTube by AV forum for the U7B hisense. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/s8RfbAeeeYk

Ive got the below models as potential replacement for my 7400.

LG Sm8050
Hisense U7B
Philips 8204.

Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

Colours on the hisense and TCL sets , the colours are washed out. They are oversaturated when they are on view in store.

Stick with the Philips, Sony or LG.

Philips and Sony have the best pictures because of the added Dolby Vision (firestick) and they are true 10bit panels. Unlike Samsung and lg 8+2 panels.

I've found out a lot about TVs since this happened 

Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

The LG is ok. That's about it.

The hisense I would stay away from.

The Sony and Philips have pure android as their OS. Both have Dolby vision and HDR 10+.

I chose the Philips because it has the Ambilight and was £50 cheaper. 

I would say go with the pus8204. It's a magnificent TV.

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@halster65 wrote:
Ive been looking at tvs all week, LG, Philip's, and Hisense. been reading AV Forum about the Uled hisense,. Reviews certainly sound great, theres a in depth review on YouTube by AV forum for the U7B hisense. Check it out.

https://youtu.be/s8RfbAeeeYk

Ive got the below models as potential replacement for my 7400.

LG Sm8050
Hisense U7B
Philips 8204.

Thank you for the link.

Never seen this site before very informative, will use it to review choices.

Cheers. 

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

After Samsungs engineer took my set away and it being at his service for over a week with him and Samsung refusing to answer my calls / questions i picked it up and took it to the retailer.

Now they are not returning my calls with an update and have had it a week, as i said from my first posts customer service here in Greece is not good, even the very best are only OK by UK standards.

Good thing is i have found an email address for the service department so now each time i call i follow it up with an email.

Sets here tend to be about 20% more than UK, less choice and competition also a lot of last years models.

Might have to buy from Amazon.

Rowley. your Phillips>>

I use a DNS proxy service to watch UK telly, can you change country location also can you change DNS setting..

I need to change country for UK Apps and DNS setting to log into the service i use. All works pretty well except BBC iplayer this has been a problem for all Expats always buffering.

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

You can use a VPN and it will be ok.

My personal one is digibit VPN. £2 per month. 

They have an app for firestick and android TV. They work on both of mine with no problems

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Rowley1 How are you finding the Android TV platform? Is it stable?

When I got my refund from JL last year I opted for an LG TV as the Android platform seemed to be a bit flaky, according to various reviews. I like Android though, so if it's settled down it would be a good choice for my next upgrade. The LG platform is ok but it's got its own issues and is rather basic.

0 Likes