Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 21-06-2020 02:23 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

WiFi is a hackers dream. You can hack right into a device

If you are on ethernet, you would have to hack the network to get to a device.

Much safer on rj45

Philips picture destroys the Samsung. I am not kidding. Instead of limited options to change on the Samsung, there are tons of separate ones for the Philips. It's taken me a week, but I've finally got the perfect picture ones for me.

I was watching the football the other night. This is what I had in my living room

IMG_20200617_203347.jpg

The Ambilight, when adjusted, can make a massive difference

For the money I got back fir my Samsung, I got this TV AND a Majority Snowdon soundbar from Amazon. Which is also very good ...... AND I'm a tenner up on the deal

So, yes, I am extremely happy about returning my mediocre Samsung.

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Okay spoke to my UK credit card company, they obviously want the problem solved with either retailer or Samsung.

Samsung Greece was supposed to call me  today, heard nothing so called them again the lady said someone might ring later or tomorrow.

The engineer has now had my TV a week and sent Samsung a report Thursday morning. 

Sent Samsung CEO another email saying if not resolved by the end of the weeks starting section 75 credit card dispute.

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

So just got a 2020 55 inch the frame dleivered, adding not a single app th ememory went to 1% only remaining by previeviewing not installing art work. Now cant install any new artwork despite subscribing.

Do we know any hacks to get into the developer mode so we can delete the rubish ?

E manual, apple Tv etc...

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@Mitrekab wrote:

So just got a 2020 55 inch the frame dleivered, adding not a single app th ememory went to 1% only remaining by previeviewing not installing art work. Now cant install any new artwork despite subscribing.

Do we know any hacks to get into the developer mode so we can delete the rubish ?

E manual, apple Tv etc...

Hi.

What country are you in?

If you just bought it in the last few days you should have the right to return it with full refund without having to give any reasons. After the run around i am having this will be my one and only Samsung.

Samsung still not phoned, neither have the engineers sent me a copy of the report they sent  Samsung despite them saying they would.   Everything now taped on my phone.

No way to delete any of the downloaded apps. Samsung get paid to have these Apps forced onto your set taking up memory space.

0 Likes
Mitrekab
Pioneer
Options

This is such a shame the picture is fantastic, just the apps and the constant factory resett it needs. Found out it is Ambient mode that eats the memory. It downloads rubish bouncing ball or times of maps. Utter rubbish badly coded taking up as much space as BBC Iplayer. We need a freindly Samsung employee to leak how to enter developer mode to delete the rubish if they wont sort out a decent system.

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options

Well, picture is good, not fantastic, but it's obvious beacuse of its price. It's an entry level product.

By the way memory issue is annoying but can be solved, and I hope it will be solved, by new firmware.

Solution is simple, of course they can't increase memory, but they can find a way to be sponsored w/out fulfilling this low memory space (putting only links to apps, for example).

I will stop to have faith if they won't solve the issue in the new firmware. But I can wait a little more.

I suggest not to reset TV, it is not a solution, you can clear cache but reset tv is too annoying and useless.

I had 4% free, now I have 10/12% free (100MB), i have put my apps in a usb key and I can use TV without great problems.... 

I think it depends also by the nation we live, cause sotware preinstalled may vary.

0 Likes
master11
Explorer
Options

Had the same storage issue - 55NU7400, bought from John Lewis last June, called them up, they sent an engineer today to pick it up. Asked him how they plan to repair, he said they ordered a new board and they will replace it and that apparently solves the issue.

He said i should have an update by end of this week. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options
No way, they can put only the same board in the same tv. They can't solve in this way.
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@master11 wrote:

Had the same storage issue - 55NU7400, bought from John Lewis last June, called them up, they sent an engineer today to pick it up. Asked him how they plan to repair, he said they ordered a new board and they will replace it and that apparently solves the issue.

He said i should have an update by end of this week. Wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.

Read all of

0 Likes
master11
Explorer
Options

Hopefully they replace it as don't want to keep running into the same issue again and again. Would probably move away from Samsung 

0 Likes