Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 20-06-2020 10:09 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Telephoned Samsung yesterday following the engineers report being sent to them, they said a supervisor will ring me Monday.  I contacted the engineer who took my TV asking him to send me a copy of the email he sent to Samsung ( we will see).

Greek consumer law seems much the same as the UK but without the backup of trading standards.

The laws are in place here but getting them enforced is a different matter.

Still regularly see car divers with mobiles in one hand and a frappe in the other, Motorbikes drivers without helmets and texting while driving.

Bought my TV with a UK credit card will contact them as a last resort.

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options

If you bought it with a UK credit card, and they don't return it, phone the credit card company up for a refund

In fact, phone your credit card company up for a chat. Explain it to them and the best way to go about it

0 Likes
Domestic2
Apprentice
Options

hi I spoke to samsung advisor today regarding my ue65nu7400 tv as I too had the issue with only 8%left so she told me I needed to flash the memory on the TV so she told me to do this

1. Hold standby button under the middle of the tv for 10 seconds then

2. Press and hold the standby button on your remote control for 5-10 seconds the tv should go off and on this resets your tv to factory settings you then set it up again now check your app storage it should now be resolved as mine now shows 20% free (164mb) so it sorted it for me

0 Likes
Rowley1
Pathfinder
Options
..... Until you connect to the internet and all the apps download again.
Nice of you to post, but it's been done numerous times with the same outcome.
Domestic2
Apprentice
Options

Actually I am connected to the Internet permanently via ethernet its working perfectly fine now and no issue at the mo

0 Likes
PropaBo
Explorer
Options

@Domestic2 wrote:

Actually I am connected to the Internet permanently via ethernet its working perfectly fine now and no issue at the mo

Give it a few days, it'll change. Most of us here have been through what you've been through. Regardless, even if you have 164mb, the fact remains  that the has only 800mb of storage which, for a modern smart TV, is pathetic and not fit for purpose.

Domestic2
Apprentice
Options

No I 100% agree with you the storage is very much pathetic the tv I have is only 17 months old it seemed to have developed the issue after the latest software update so basically samsung screwed up my tv the one I have now is actually a second replacement from domestic and general insurance as the other models below this one had screen issues that samsung wouldn't acknowledge was faulty but soon as a 3rd party engineer from domestic and general seen them he written them off

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

This thread definitely needs an FAQ.

I'm not sure how it could be linked to but it would help in reducing the repetitive posts where people jump in on the last page without reading anything and think they have a solution. The thread is coming on for two years old and every possible 'solution' has been tried and found to be useless. 

Samsung's response is known word for word. They never vary in their list of lies designed to fob you off when you contact them.

Edit: no offence meant to the poster above - I know you mean well but we've been there and worn several Tee shirts. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
Domestic2
Apprentice
Options

No offence at all I just noticed now the storage space seems to go down by itself or go up by itself also

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@Rowley1 wrote:
..... Until you connect to the internet and all the apps download again.
Nice of you to post, but it's been done numerous times with the same outcome.

Rowley 1 .

Good to see you are still with us. Agree with what you say regarding reset, the engineer who took my TV away didn't  think it worth even trying.

Took your advise and added call recorder to my mobile, so have on tape my request for copy of email they sent

Samsung with him agreeing to do so. Also sent him an email asking for copy, guess what it hasn't come.

Samsung supposed to ring tomorrow, so will be recorded, if no joy will contact UK credit card company and register a dispute.

Simon if TV connected to Internet via RJ45 cable is the chance of hacking less likely?

Also how is the new TV are you still pleased, looked at Philips availability  in Greece, very limited suppliers otherwise i would be tempted.

0 Likes