Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 09-06-2020 01:40 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
ricardobertulli
Journeyman
Options

Hi Everyone. 

So, as I posted before, there is no support from Samsung, I have called them many times, and the only "solution" is to use an external USB stick, which as we all know does NOT work!! When I confronted the support that this solution does not work, and was in contact with you all in this community, and that is a very bad customer experience with this TV Series, the replay was simple "If you are not happy return it!!" . As I mentioned, that was exactly what I did, thanks to Amazon.de I was able to return the TV, get a refund, and I just bought a LG instead!!! I used to like Samsung in general, but after I see how they take this topic and basic ignored the customer and let all the problems to the Sellers to fix! I will no longer buy anything from Samsung until they change they customer policy!!! All the best to all!

georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

I paid with cash so I was unable to use the card way. I managed to get a refund via my seller (media markt)

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@ricardobertulli wrote:

Hi Everyone. 

So, as I posted before, there is no support from Samsung, I have called them many times, and the only "solution" is to use an external USB stick, which as we all know does NOT work!! When I confronted the support that this solution does not work, and was in contact with you all in this community, and that is a very bad customer experience with this TV Series, the replay was simple "If you are not happy return it!!" . As I mentioned, that was exactly what I did, thanks to Amazon.de I was able to return the TV, get a refund, and I just bought a LG instead!!! I used to like Samsung in general, but after I see how they take this topic and basic ignored the customer and let all the problems to the Sellers to fix! I will no longer buy anything from Samsung until they change they customer policy!!! All the best to all!

My seller E-Shop in Greece refused to take the TV back. They asked me to return it to the store and they would send it on to  ( A Samung Accredited repairer For Inspection) I was told they would rest everything so latest update would be installed with a little free space. I explained that's just a temporary solution as next update i would be in the same position. That was the best they would offer. I have to prove it's not fit for purpose.

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Still no message from @Rowley1 regarding his new board being fitted.

Come on rowley tell us what happened.

olafrv
Student
Options

Same situation on my Model UE65NU7179 with Firmware 1294:

• No space left to install "APPS" update (>100 MiB needed).
  • Already delete my user apps (e.g. Plesk), but still not space left.
  • Delete system (pre-installed) apps is not possible (e.g. e-Manual = 96 MiB).
  • I did not try, neither reset to defaults nor using external USB device.
  • I do not know if this will affect future firmware updates.

Firmware VersionFirmware VersionSpace NeededSpace NeededSpace AvailableSpace AvailableUnable to delete system appsUnable to delete system appsDelete user apps not enoughDelete user apps not enough

chribonn
Pioneer
Options

Dear All,

We now need to prepare to start the lobbying process.  This is not something 3 or 4 people can do on their own while everyone else sits on the fence not participating.  The idea have coordinated communications sent to an entity.  We are able to build up critical mass to make this happen.

Join one or all of the following groups so that we can keep you informed:

Soon we will launch the first campaign and you participation is important.

Regards,

Chris

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@chribonn wrote:

Dear All,

We now need to prepare to start the lobbying process.  This is not something 3 or 4 people can do on their own while everyone else sits on the fence not participating.  The idea have coordinated communications sent to an entity.  We are able to build up critical mass to make this happen.

Join one or all of the following groups so that we can keep you informed:

Soon we will launch the first campaign and you participation is important.

Regards,

Chris

100% agree. This action is for the good of all of us. So all of us need to be prepared to take part when asked.

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options
I hope to have a video of the solution completed over the weekend. This will address those repeated requests to go reset the TV and other time wasters we have heard so much about many times over.
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

There's a solution? Interesting!

0 Likes
olafrv
Student
Options

Update on my case:
https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/notifications/emailmessagepage/board-id/uk-tv/message-id/42361

I entered APPS development mode like described here by @Dalos-Harkin:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/Apps-storage-space-issue/td-p/808085/page/132

It did NOT work, they (APPS) are still protected, DELETE button never appears (Probably fixed in FW 1294)

But... But... For good or bad...

Still I have no more than 68 MiB, but the annoying message about no space left is gone (after reboot).

0 Likes