Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 07-06-2020 11:07 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Dalo-Harkin
Apprentice
Options

For anyone still having the issue with deleting apps:

Enter Developer mode by going to the app section on your TV whilst there press the buttons 1,2,3,4,5 on your remote and it will bring a screen up, all you want to do is turn developer mode on. When this is selected it will say you need to turn the tv off and on again for it to take effect.

When the TV reboots go back to the app section and top right of the screen you will have a settings cog where it lists all apps and available space left etc.

Now it still shows delete greyed out but on each app you want to remove scroll right down (options are move/reinstall/ view details etc)  and then right up and you will have the option to delete any apps you do not want (this has to be done on each app)

I hope this helps people still having issues :smiling-face:

Dannymot
Explorer
Options

Nope you've just waisted everyone's time. 

Dalo-Harkin
Apprentice
Options

I've just done it on mine, 4k 50" Samsung bought last december

0 Likes
Dannymot
Explorer
Options
Good for you
0 Likes
PropaBo
Explorer
Options

Is it a 7 series?

0 Likes
Dalo-Harkin
Apprentice
Options

UE50NU7020

0 Likes
PropaBo
Explorer
Options
He's right, it does indeed work, I have managed to delete all unwanted apps such as Apple TV, Disney+ etc. However I managed this previously and they all came back. Will be interesting to see if they come back this time 🤔
Dalo-Harkin
Apprentice
Options
Glad it worked for you too :smiling-face:
0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@Dalo-Harkin wrote:
Glad it worked for you too :smiling-face:

It doesn't work and is not a solution. The built-in apps will come back after a reboot or two. The only app that can be permanently deleted is the e-manual.

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@monk2 wrote:

@marcolan wrote:

I think engineer has killed rowley

I private messaged Rowley1 this morning asking for update.

Hope all is okay with him.

Something odd is going on as he's still logging on regularly. Last time was yesterday. Strange behaviour.

0 Likes