Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 06-06-2020 01:03 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
fraibean
Pioneer
Options

il faudra être patient :(((( 

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options
I published a draft of an article I would like us to develop further: https://www.alanbonnici.com/2020/06/samsung-must-do-right-thing-and-provide.html

Any feedback or corrections would be appreciated.

If anyone has better photos (no glare, etc) than the ones I took and cares to share them just forward to the same address.

HHLONG
Explorer
Options
nice one, bro.

Shared on FB, hoping it spead to everyone.
0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

@PaulPyro wrote:
Hi, I'm guessing by the amount of Pages, that this is still on going and has not been resolved. I also purchased a UE55NU7021 sometime last year and only noticed now that the internal memory has run out of space! are people getting refunds or am I just stuck with this issue?

My take is that Samsung are completely ignoring us. It is purely luck and the willingness of the shop to change.

Many do not have a resolution

monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@chribonn wrote:
I published a draft of an article I would like us to develop further: https://www.alanbonnici.com/2020/06/samsung-must-do-right-thing-and-provide.html

Any feedback or corrections would be appreciated.

If anyone has better photos (no glare, etc) than the ones I took and cares to share them just forward to the same address.

Excellent Well done!!

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@Tony47 wrote:

@monk2 wrote:

Rowley1. one of this thread's  most vocal and persistent posters has gone quiet.

One week ago he posted the below, since we have heard nothing.

Please let us know the outcome of your engineers vistit.

My engineer comes in the next couple of hours to install a new board

This is my current state from a reset

It's weird about @Rowley1. No posts since the one you quoted, yet according to his profile he was online here on Wednesday, so he must have deliberately ignored requests for an update.

In any case, we know what would've happened - either the motherboard was changed and made no difference, or the engineers decided not to bother as they knew it was a waste of time. One of those two things happened to everyone who's had a motherboard change.

The above is one scenario.

Another is Samsung sent a Hitman instead of engineer. Or they  offered him a new set if he agrreed not to post anything more.

Are we being picked off one by one?

Come on @Rowley1. Tell us what happened!!

Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

The above is one scenario.

Another is Samsung sent a Hitman instead of engineer. Or they  offered him a new set if he agrreed not to post anything more.

Are we being picked off one by one?

Come on @Rowley1. Tell us what happened!!

A hitman could be what happened lol. :smiling-face: 

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

On Thursday i contacted Samsung chat (again)  I now have my complaint pre-typed so easy to copy paste when talking to them. After the initial contact things whent quiet for 20 minutes obviously i went off to do some things but the agent never came back to me.

I have highlighted the sections which is Samsung reply.

Below copy of complaint sent to CEO via site told it would be escalated.

Hello.
I contacted your chat on line again yesterday. After the initial greetings i was left waiting on line without your support answering the questions i put to him.
So a further 30 minutes of my life wasted waiting for an explanation to below.
Thank you.

Hello. Can you help me in English?
4:48 PM
Ευχαριστούμε Πως μπορούμε να βοηθήσουμε σήμερα
4:48 PM
I am contacting you due to being unable to get a problem with my TV resolved. One year ago I purchased a 55-inch NU7093 TV. Recently I have been getting a unable to update Internal memory full message. - internal storage is only 1GB. Samsung force Apps onto the TV taking up valuable storage space to the point where I have none of my own Apps and can’t add any . I consider this is a major design flaw The The storage issue prevents apps updating and just as importantly stops security updates loading. generally reducing the usefulness of a smart TV.
4:49 PM
Σας ευχαριστούμε για την αναμονή, ένας εκπρόσωπός μας θα βρίσκεται σύντομα κοντά σας για να σας βοηθήσει.
4:49 PM

Hello Mr. ///////
4:51 PM
Hello.
4:51 PM

I suggest to reset your Tv by following the steps below: Home-Settings-Support-Self diagnosis-Reset, the password is 0000.
4:54 PM

When contacting Samsung I have been promised call backs it never happens.

We have been told to reset the TV for factory setting- reset-hub. done all these things problem still apparent. Also told firmware update would rectify it, but were given no date when this would happen. Some purchasers were told they would have a new updated motherboard fitted, there is no hardware fix - this has already been investigated engineers have concluded there is no board for NU7000 TVs with adequate storage. It is unacceptable that I am expected to just deal with an inherently faulty product that is not truly fit for purpose.
I found on Samsung Community website 128 pages of people asking about this problem, other forums have also started up. After discussion with several other Samsung 2018 7000 series TV owners, this is consistent and specific problem to this series. All 2017 models had more storage as do the the 2019 models.
4:57 PM
Some retailers from various European countries have started taking the TVs back they include Amazon, Richer Sounds and John Lewis but is being done a goodwill basis. Amazon said according to

one member on the Samsung Community site (there is no fix for this issue, so no point for replace with the same model) We all know Samsung is aware of this problem it just depends what you are prepared to do to rectify it.
4:59 PM
Sorry i have pre-
typed this thank you
5:00 PM

Ηello.
I am very sorry for this delay in my answer.
5:21 PM
We face some technical issues.
5:22 PM

Αre you still there please?
5:25 PM
yes i am here
5:31 PM
Hello have you gone?
5:45 PM
Please would you get someone to phone me on
XXXX thank you.
5:47 PM

Thank you for contacting Samsung UK's Presidential Escalations Team,
please accept this as confirmation that your communication has been received.

Our office is open from 9am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday and we endeavour to provide acknowledgement or response,
where appropriate, to your enquiry within 24 hours based on these opening times.

If you require any urgent assistance outside of these hours,
please see below alternative channels to contact Samsung:
https://www.samsung.com/uk/

Regards
Samsung UK Presidential Escalations Team

Copyright © 1995-2019 SAMSUNG All rights reserved.

0 Likes
marcolan
Journeyman
Options

I think engineer has killed rowley

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@marcolan wrote:

I think engineer has killed rowley

I private messaged Rowley1 this morning asking for update.

Hope all is okay with him.

0 Likes