Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 01-06-2020 03:55 PM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

@ricardobertulli wrote:

Hello everyone, many thanks for all the posts! I just got a confirmation that I can return my TV. Now I am looking for a new model. But looks for me that ALL the models have the same issue?? is that correct? Does Samsung has a model that does NOT have this issue??? Any recomendation in which model to buy? Thanks

That is really a positive development.

Can you please share the company from who you purcahsed your TV.

Thanks

0 Likes
georgeK1
Pioneer
Options

@chribonn wrote:

@ricardobertulli wrote:

Hello everyone, many thanks for all the posts! I just got a confirmation that I can return my TV. Now I am looking for a new model. But looks for me that ALL the models have the same issue?? is that correct? Does Samsung has a model that does NOT have this issue??? Any recomendation in which model to buy? Thanks

That is really a positive development.

Can you please share the company from who you purcahsed your TV.

Thanks

[deleted]

0 Likes
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

@ricardobertulli  The only Samsung range that has this issue is the 2018 NU7*** range. All the rest are fine. If you want to stick with the 7000 range you could go for the 2019 RU7*** or 2020 TU7*** models. Or you could go up the Samsung ranges and buy an 8000 or QLED model. 

Or buy an LG. :smiling-face:

ricardobertulli
Journeyman
Options

Hithanks for you message. 

Model: UE55NU7179

Retailer: Amazon.de

ricardobertulli
Journeyman
Options
Hi chriboon
I have purchased the TV on Amazon.de
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks for the information any details of retailers taking the TV back is very useful to others trying to get TV replaced.
0 Likes
ricardobertulli
Journeyman
Options

In contact with amazon.de support team, they informed me that there is no fix for this issue, so no point for replace with the same model, so they agree in return and refund. Now I am looking for a new model

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

@ricardobertulli wrote:

In contact with amazon.de support team, they informed me that there is no fix for this issue, so no point for replace with the same model, so they agree in return and refund. Now I am looking for a new model

Good that finally a retailer states  "there is no fix for this issue, so no point for replace with the same model"

I will start anothe rmessage to Samsung CEO with this information included.

0 Likes
ColinM9991
First Poster
Options

I've been having this issue since purchasing the NU7400 in 2018 and had a conversation with support in Dec 2018 who said that USBs can not be used to extend internal storage. Back then I could disable several of the many apps which Samsung force on you and provide no option to uninstall, however just this week I have discovered that I am now unable to update or install any apps even after a Smart Hub reset as the bloatware apps now take up all of the space.

I've just spent 40 minutes on a live chat with an AV expert who kept telling me to hold the power button for 5 seconds - release - and hold for another 5 seconds, this does absolutely nothing and does not reproduce the described behaviour of a "flash reset"

0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

@ricardobertulli wrote:
Hi chriboon
I have purchased the TV on Amazon.de

Hello,

Can you email your details to FixOurSamsung@gmail.com.  Please provide the month / year when you purcahsed it.

Thanks

0 Likes