Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps storage space issue

(Topic created on: 23-05-2020 06:22 AM)
Tony47
Helping Hand
Options

TV: UE55 NU7500

I'm not sure whether this is a general Samsung issue or just to do with my TV, but the amount of space allocated to the Smart Hub apps seems to be seriously lacking.

As this is a new TV I thought I'd explore some of the available apps, but when I went into the Apps area I got a message saying that there was insufficient space to update apps. This was before I had downloaded anything, so it would purely apply to the pre-installed apps. 

I checked settings and the used space was 751MB with 64MB available, i.e. 7%. This seems absurd as these apps can't be deleted and are built into the system. The available space doesn't even allow them to be updated. I then tried resetting Smart Hub. This has helped to an extent as the available space is now 13%. However, it's still far too low and whenever I try and download a new app I get a warning about available space.

I can't believe that the pre-installed apps are taking around 700MB of space, and it seems crazy that Samsung would design the system this way. Presumably I will have to install an SD card to provide more space for the apps?

Any tips welcome as this is my first Samsung TV.

1,941 REPLIES 1,941
Mikmac1
Apprentice
Options
0 Likes
chribonn
Pioneer
Options

I;ve created a twitter group FixOurSamsung

0 Likes
Anita_Merlin
Explorer
Options

I am happy to set up facebook group if you like.

0 Likes
Anita_Merlin
Explorer
Options

I created  FixOurSamsung facebook group. 

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

Thank you.
Just joined Facebook group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/582560612661261

0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you.
Just replied to FixOurSamsung@gmail.com
0 Likes
Anita_Merlin
Explorer
Options

FixOurSamsung NU74xx -- This group is for anyone that would like to join Citizins' Initiative. It would also be of benefit if we group ourselves by country. This would give us the means to lodge consumer complaints to the relevant complaint bodies withing the specific country. The wider we manage to highlight Samsung's refusal to acknowledge the problem, the better. It is linked to Samsung NU74xx storage group, where you can discuss the issue of the Samsung NU74xx TV and the inability to update software due to lack of storage space.

0 Likes
mazzinia
Navigator
Options

applied

0 Likes
HHLONG
Explorer
Options
Just incase if there is anyone from VietNam, then you guys can hit me on FB: https://www.facebook.com/HHLONGPES

then we can talk about what we do to samsung VN.
0 Likes
monk2
Pathfinder
Options

As my contribution i am writing an article about this problem and our attempts to get Samsung to do the right thing.

When it's done i will email it to a daily paper that often writes about consumer problems with the hope it will publish.

If it dosen't then i will send it to another paper then another until we are heard.

I don't want to say on this site which papers or what country as Samsung might try to stop it.